3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 6:39 AM by Szalam
      • 1. Re: After Effects keeps crashing 30 seconds into working on the project, it just closes.
        Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

We would love to help. Based on the information you've given us, we can do nothing.

Tell us exactly what version number of AE you're trying to use. Is it 13.7.x.x?

What hardware are you using?

What OS?

When it crashes, does it give you any sort of error message?

Does this happen in all projects or just one? If just one, what's in that project? We'd need great detail, effects used, plugins used, expressions used, format and codec of all assets used, etc.

And the rest of the stuff mentioned here: FAQ: What information should I provide?

• 2. Re: After Effects keeps crashing 30 seconds into working on the project, it just closes.
          EditorApollo Level 1

Tell us exactly what version number of AE you're trying to use. Is it 13.7.x.x? Yes

What hardware are you using? Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz and 32.0GB of Ram assuming this is what you're asking for, if not let me know and i'll help clarify.

What OS? Windows 10

When it crashes, does it give you any sort of error message? No, just closes completely.

Does this happen in all projects or just one? If just one, what's in that project? We'd need great detail, effects used, plugins used, expressions used, format and codec of all assets used, etc. All of my projects, I wouldnt think its anything intense, just adding sound files/cutting them to fit the desire area with text added to the video as well. From what I believe my computer can handle way more than what i've been doing.

• 3. Re: After Effects keeps crashing 30 seconds into working on the project, it just closes.
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just sound files and some text? That doesn't seem like it should cause a crash. (I mean, I would be more likely to cut my sound files in Premiere or Audition first; After Effects is not a video editor or a sound editor, but it shouldn't make it crash.)

What kind of sound files are these? What are their specs?

What font are you using for your text?

What are you doing when it crashes?

What other software do you have installed?

Can you enable logging (help>enable logging I think), restart AE, and then try working and share the log with us after it crashes?

And, seriously, if you're not using any effects or animation or anything, it would make a lot more sense to do this in Premiere. Editing and adding basic text is much faster in Premiere.