23 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2017 12:19 PM by michaelv1170820

Lightroom catalog cannot be opened. WHY?

farriswlphotos

My computer crashed. Lightroom is now asking me to re-enter my software's serial number (I purchased it before the whole monthly subscription thing), and then telling me "The Lightroom catalog named 'Lightroom Catalog' cannot be opened because another application already has it opened." I am given the option to either "choose another catalog", "continue", or "exit". There is no other catalog, I only have one created. I click on "continue" and NOTHING HAPPENS. The message window blinks and here I am staring at the same error message that is giving me the same options to "choose another catalog", "continue", or "exit".

WHY CAN I NOT ACCESS MY LIGHTROOM PROGRAM? HOW CAN I FIX THIS?

It should be noted I did try clicking on all three options. "choose another catalog" simply brings up a directory showing what I already knew; that I only have one catalog. "exit", of course, exits out of the window. I also pulled up my task manager to verify that no other programs/applications were running, so I don't even know I was getting this message about another application having my Lightroom Catalog opened in the first place.

PLEASE HELP