4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 3:39 PM by Firislander

I am unable to import some photos from my Pictures folder.

Firislander Level 1

On my iMac when I receive a photo in an email, I right-click it and choose "Save Attachment..." and place it in the folder I want it to be in. I can see in the Finder that the image (a jpeg) is in the folder. When I attempt to import the image into Lightroom 5 by directing it to the folder with the image during the Import Process, Lightroom does not see the image.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

• 1. Re: I am unable to import some photos from my Pictures folder.
          dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom does not see the image.

Explain in a lot more detail. Exactly what do you see on the screen? What is the error message? Show us a screen capture of the problem.

• 2. Re: I am unable to import some photos from my Pictures folder.
            Firislander Level 1

Hi, I think I need to ask a new question here because it might answer my original question. I am trying to get photos stored on my external HD (Mac) onto my internal Mac HD and thus into my catalog in Lightroom. The photos on the external HD used to be on my internal HD and they were imported into my one and only Catalog and were all given keywords. Subsequently I 'Exported' them from Lightroom to my external HD. I believe I did it this way, I wish I could remember. All the photos show up in my Keyword List at this point. With the photo in the Grid View, I right-click on an image and select "Go to Folder in Library" and it takes me to the external HD where the photo exists.

Now I wish to bring the photos back onto my internal HD and have Lightroom now know to look for the images in my Pictures folder on this drive. I do not want to delete the images on the external drive, I just want to have them on my internal drive as well and have lightroom know to look for them on the internal drive.

I've tried a lot of ways to do this, but Lightroom always goes to the external drive location for the image.

How do I do this?

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

• 3. Re: I am unable to import some photos from my Pictures folder.
              dj_paige Level 9

Answer to your new question:

If there is a complete duplication of folder(s) — in other words, Folder A on the external drive has the exact same files as Folder B on the internal drive, then the answer is to right-click on Folder A on the external drive (do this in Lightroom) and select Update Folder Location and point to Folder B on the internal drive. More details in Part 2 of this article: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

• 4. Re: I am unable to import some photos from my Pictures folder.
                Firislander Level 1

Wow! That was quick. I will try this and see if it works. Thank you so much. Whata great Forum!