3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 11:54 PM by Necromanthus

Set observer pivot point

palvinder07
      I want to adjust pivot point at bottom side of the cylinder. How can i do this?

Palvinder.
        • 1. Re: Set observer pivot point
          James Newton, ACP Level 3
          It sounds as if you want to rotate the cylinder around a point other than its centre. There are several ways to do this. Here is one that is conceptually easy to understand.

1) Create a new group-
          2) Move the group to where you want the pivot point of your cylinder to be
          3) Use addChild() to make the cylinder a child of the group, using the #preserveWorld parameter
          4) Rotate the group: the cylinder will rotate with it
          • 2. Re: Set observer pivot point
            palvinder07 Level 1
            Hello!
            Many many thanks for the reply, but i don't want to rotate the cylinder. i want to decrease or increase the height of the cylinder. Pivot point should be set at the bottom side of a cylinder.

Regards
            Palvinder.
            • 3. Re: Set observer pivot point
              Necromanthus Level 2
              quote:

Originally posted by: palvinder07
              Many many thanks for the reply, but i don't want to rotate the cylinder. i want to decrease or increase the height of the cylinder. Pivot point should be set at the bottom side of a cylinder.

It doesn't matter if you want to rotate the cylinder or to modify its height.
              If you cannot alter the pivot (of any 3D model) in your 3D modeler, James gave you a good advice.
              In your case, all you have to do is to modify the scale (on the desired direction) of the group.
              The cylinder (a child) must obey!
              ;)

cheers