3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2017 7:22 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Image Resolution for large-scale digital paintings

andrea_1111

Hi All,

I did a search for my query, but couldn't find a thread that quite addressed this.

I am a painter (oil paint, primarily) who has recently transitioned to painting digitally in Photoshop.  I create canvases that are upwards of 4'x6', with a resolution of 300 dpi (professional quality) -- for the purpose of selling them from my studio.

I am considering purchasing a new iPad Pro due to the reviews of how authentic-feeling the Pencil is for painting/drawing... I imagine that to achieve my end result of the large printout, I would import the digital painting from the iPad Pro to a desktop with Photoshop, and print from there.  I have been looking at some youtube videos of artists using the iPad Pro with Adobe Sketch.  I have also seen one review where the artist used Procreate on the iPad Pro, and said you could indeed choose your canvas size with this app?

It seems that no matter what, I can't quite get the epic canvas size I want on the iPad, however--

My question is, would I be able to resize with Photoshop a smaller drawing from the iPad to get my large print-out, without losing any of the original quality?  Any graphic design people out there who could recommend the best combination of apps to achieve my goals?

Thanks kindly in advance.

Andrea