2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 9:11 AM by Mabelmagoo

Lightroom exports to old version of Photoshop

Mabelmagoo

LIghtroom CC exports files into my Photoshop CS6 version instead of Photoshop CC 2015. This happens even though I've selected the Photoshop CC 2015 as my Post Processing choice to open in after export. Seems to be mapping confusion, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Oddly, if I chose "edit in", that opens in the CC 2015 version. I just prefer the old way.

• 1. Re: Lightroom exports to old version of Photoshop
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi Mabelmagoo,

Could you please make sure Lightroom is updated to the latest version .

Also please go to the Preferences of Lightroom , and then the External Editing Tab, and please check what is the External and Additional Editor.

And are you pressing "Ctrl+E" or " Cmd+E" ?

Regards,

Tanuj

• 2. Re: Lightroom exports to old version of Photoshop
            Mabelmagoo Level 1

Thank you for replying, Tanuj. My external editor is Photoshop CC 2015. I do not have an additional editor specified. I use Cmd+E as I am on a Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

My Lightroom is updated to the newest version. Using Cmd-E, or Photo-Edit in-Photoshop CC 2015, works perfectly.

My issue is File-Export-Open in post processing. I've uninstalled the old Photoshop CS6 version from my hard drive, unplugged my time machine, uninstalled both Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC, reinstalled before plugging time machine back in and tried it. It just gets an error message as the old photoshop it's still trying to link to is uninstalled.