4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 6:46 AM by Bob Somrak

Help required please!?

Tommyb1530

Hi hope you can help please? Just back from Florida and have photograph galore. Want to be able to start saving storing sorting and of course getting the best prints I can. Just purchased the canon pro 100. I'm not a tech head by any means and feel Photoshop is too much for what I requare and the time I have to learn. Do would your Lightroom be my choice? Or element 14 or element premier ?

And I think I'm correct in saying I can purchase plug in for different requirement output etc.

ALso heard of a  product called silverlight is this easier or can in work inconjuction with?

think it can help with easy calibration of printer also.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

• 1. Re: Help required please!?
          dj_paige Level 9

Lightroom can do what you want, but so can Photoshop Elements. It all depends on what features you need. Can you state in a lot more detail what you want to do with your photos?

You might want to download and try the 30 day free trial of Lightroom and Photoshop Elements.

Elements Premiere is for videos. Silverlight is not an appropriate software for this.

• 2. Re: Help required please!?
            Tommyb1530 Level 1

mmany thanks for your reply.

Just want to be able to correct picture, possible shake, make pictures clear, bright.

able to have them store in one program, file correctly.

and print them out on canon pro 100 .

would very much like a new camera possibly the canon g5 or G3 if I can get the money together,

and start taken family pics etc and print again.

kind regards

• 3. Re: Help required please!?
              dj_paige Level 9

"possible shake" ... not sure what you mean

Neither Lightroom nor Photoshop Elements stores your photos. For both of those software, the photos are stored on your hard disk somewhere (wherever you want) and the photos are not stored within the program.

Both programs will allow you to edit the photos and print them. As I said, you might want to try the 30 day free trial of either LR or PSE or both.

• 4. Re: Help required please!?
                Bob Somrak Level 5

Lightroom does not have Shake Reduction like Photoshop CC and Photoshop Elements 14 does.