0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2016 7:46 AM by Phoenician1

CC apps routinely take 15-20 seconds between simple steps

I recently upgraded to a faster iMac and from CS6 to CC, and immediately began experiencing this issue.  I work for a school district, so our internet services are adequate -no previous complaints or issues- but probably not as robust as one found in a private-sector business, but because we're public-sector, I suppose it's possible our internet connection is the issue.  But across InDesign primarily, and also Pshop and Illustrator I routinely see the Rainbow Wheel of Patience between simple steps like moving a small block of text or an image, or changing a few letters from plain text to superscript, or changing from one page of a document to another.  What I'm doing doesn't seem to matter.  The programs rarely crash outright, although that is happening slightly more often than I'm used to.  It feels very much like I'm backing every single step up to a cloud server, which I certainly don't need, and will happily turn off if CC does this by default.

Anyone experiencing a similar problem?  Is there a setting I can change, or has anyone find a workaround?  Do CC programs have an 'offline mode' than I can enable?

Running a brand-new iMac Retina 5K at max resolution, OS10.10.5 (Yosemite), 3.3Ghz Core i5, 8Gb of DDR3 RAM, and an AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 MB vidcard.  IMHO, this system is powerful enough to far exceed what I'm asking it to do.  By comparison, my previous iMac, 3 years older and somewhat less capable, ran the CS6 versions of these same programs without breaking a sweat, which is a big reason why I suspect connectivity to be involved.