Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use anniversary date in email campaign

Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 2 anniversaries listed for each contact record. They both have a title and they both have a date.

I've set up a customer event email campaign type and based it on the Anniversary 2 date so that the email is sent out 2 weeks before the Anniversary 2 date for each contact record in the mailing list that I specified.

I'm trying to get the Anniversary 2 date to render in the text within the email itself but I'm having problem with this.

When I was reading the documentation I read that you could reference WebApps within email campaigns and also read about creating your own module tags so I thought I'd try to use a combination of a WebApp and a custom module tag to see if I could include the anniversary date within the body of the email. The following is what I came up with:

• I created a WebApp called Renewal Date with only one Text (String) field and called the field “Renewal Date”.
  • I then added an item to this new WebApp and entered {module_anniversary2} as the value for the Renewal Date field.
  • I then created a file called “renewal-date” but didn’t give the file an extension.
  • Within that file I placed the tag {tag_Renewal Date} which is the name of the field in my webApp
  • I then created the following reference to the webApp item and referenced the renewal-date file which contains the reference to {tag_Renewal Date} which is the field within my WebApp which, in turn, contains the reference to {module_anniversary2}
  • {module_webapps,30987,i,5829714 template="/_settings/renewal-date”}
  • So I thought the above module tag in my email would render the anniversary 2 date, ie. I thought that template="/_settings/renewal-date”} would render the contents of {tag_Renewal Date} which is {module_anniversary2} which I thought would render the date.

Unfortunately, when I sent myself the test email, {module_webapps,30987,i,5829714 template="/_settings/renewal-date”} didn't translate into the anniversary date at all - it was just the code itself that rendered.

Can anyone tell me why this didn't work or point out what I may have done wrong? Or is it not possible at all to render an anniversary date within an email via a module tag? If that's the case, then if the anniversary date was in a custom crm form field, would I be able to render it that within an email?

I'd really appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines