• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reload Photoshop elements 2 from my CD. It will not install ?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the old copy of Photoelements 2 and tried to reinstall the program using the CD. The CD runs but no download occurs. Anybody with a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

That is old enough that I **think** it will not activate even if you do get it to install

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

NOTE that CS2 will not install at all on a "modern" Mac with an Intel CPU

When you install the special version of PPro2 on a Win7 or W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy the cd contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.  if you have win os you may need to use compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is old enough that I **think** it will not activate even if you do get it to install

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

NOTE that CS2 will not install at all on a "modern" Mac with an Intel CPU

When you install the special version of PPro2 on a Win7 or Win8 or Win10 computer, you MAY need to right click the program icon and select WinXP compatibility from the option popup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine in my old computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try compatibility mode to install, but activation is another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was working fine in my old computer

By @Murray27357852425k

Yes, never touch a working system. 

The problem is not running the software, even that this also may result in troubles, but installing the software. Installers are often dependant on special system calls that may have been modified in the meantime. They also need special rights that modern OS do not attribute anymore, or not in the same manner. 

To be sure to be able to install, you need a supported system. All other configurations may or may not work. If you are talking about the Elements software, I strongly recommend to acquire the latest version of that to install on a new computer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines