2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2016 2:46 AM by Lilybiri

Multiple lessons in 1 course

crouzilles37

Hello everyone,

I am new to captivate and created a course containing multiple slides. Each slide contains a video. Once the course design finished, I published it as a SCORM 1.2 course and uploaded it to our LMS (absorb 5).

Everything is fine except that in our LMS it shows as 1 lesson only, and reports 100% done once the user has watched all videos. I would like each video/slide to show as a different lesson and progress to be reported after each lesson, so if there are 10 lessons and the user has watched 3, then he/she would be 30% in progress, but currently the user has to attend/watch all lessons before completing the course.

I have no idea how to do this or what settings to change in captivate to achieve this result, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Crouz.

• 1. Re: Multiple lessons in 1 course
          RodWard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

An LMS will see each separately published Captivate CPTX file as a different SCO module.

If you want each VIDEO in your current course to be counted as a separate course module, you need to place only one video per CPTX file and publish them separately as a SCO.  Then you can use the Adobe Multi-SCORM Packager application that comes with Captivate to bundle all of these videos into a Multi-SCORM Course.  The LMS will then see each video as a separate module belonging to the same course and mark them separately for completion.

Make sure your LMS also supports multi-SCORM courses.  Not all do.

• 2. Re: Multiple lessons in 1 course
            Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Or you need a scored object on each slide, to be clicked (can be a Next button - do not use the playbar) and add the requirement that the total score has to be 100%.