6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2016 12:16 PM by lucl14418720

lightroom 6 doesn't want to launch?

lucl14418720

lightroom 6 doesn't want to launch, adobe website says it is because of my graphic card amd radeon hd6670 , i install the beta driver you wrote still it doesn't work, i try changing the preference thing you wrote, it is not there, I just wasted $200 something dollars for something that doesn't work , and your website says I have to spend another $200 for another card, and by the way adobe website is the worst website I ever saw, can not find anything there except the word cloud.

I just uninstall lightroom and wasted an activation, re-install, still doesn't work.

• 1. Re: lightroom 6 doesn't want to launch?
          Axel Matt Level 4

What operating system do you use? Error messages?

Axel

• 2. Re: lightroom 6 doesn't want to launch?
            lucl14418720 Level 1

a click on the icon ,lightroom doesn't open and after a few sec. a square appears

with a message

adobe photoshop lightroom has stopped working (in big letters in a blue square)

underneath in small letters    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. please close the program.

underneath in big letters a green arrow with Close the program

windows 7  64 bit

even if a change graphic card, I do not have a guarantee that it would work after.

more money spend for nothing

asus motherboard f2a85-vpro

amd radeon hd6670

processor amd 3.9 ghz apu a8-6600k

8gb of ram

• 4. Re: lightroom 6 doesn't want to launch?
              lucl14418720 Level 1

done the first part yesterday, the beta version of amd , no good

downloaded yesterday lightroom , so it is the latest version   no good

did the trouble shooting

try everything before I ask questions ! not after !

on the internet i saw it could be anti virus blocking , try it   no good

try the thing about %appdata% and changing something funny do not find %appdata%

found something but wasn't the same line as lightroom help said.

I should have stop thinking about it, 1 month ago try the trial versions, and had the same message(not working)

I needed it lightroom 6 because the raw picture of my new camera olympus om-d e-m5 mark 2 ,

And lightroom 5 doesn't have it.

I wonder if lightroom 5 could be install ! instead of the 6 and but the data of the camera ?

• 5. Re: lightroom 6 doesn't want to launch?
                Axel Matt Level 4

lucl14418720 schrieb:

try the thing about %appdata% and changing something funny do not find %appdata%

found something but wasn't the same line as lightroom help said.

The %appdata% is normally hidden. In the options from the Windows Explorer you set that appdata is shown.

• 6. Re: lightroom 6 doesn't want to launch?
                  lucl14418720 Level 1

yesterday i found the appdata but there is no % in front and the back of it

and once I open the preference thing, it is not the same word that is written.

tired of this stupid junk lightroom 6, .

I downloaded the dng converter from adobe, converted my raw files to dng

remove ligthroom 6, install lightroom 5,7,1 trial versions, and that works,

but I think I am losing some picture quality, the picture seems a little out of focus, maybe it just my imagination.

send an email to the company who sold me lightroom 6 and ask them to try to negociate

with adobe to change it to lightroom 5.

unless adobe can come out with a solution(and buying a new graphic card is not a solution)

to whom it may concern , I will say to all my friend in my photo club, that lightroom 6 is a piece of junk.