9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 2:37 PM by Colin Flashman

DataMerge put wrong Numbers

martinjenniges

Hello,

i have a problem with Indesign CS4 on an Imac with Intel Prozessor and OS Yosemit.

At First, my Language is German, my English ist not very goog and i write some Error; sorry!

I work on Indesign for generate Lottery Cards with 5 Numbers each Card.
      At Excample: 10 Cards on 1 Page, 100 Pages = 1000 Cards = 5000 Numbers.
      For this Job, i use the DataMerge from Indesign; the csv with the Numbers create i with OO Calc.

First i place the Cards without Numbers on an ID-Page and send this at the Printer with VDP at Master-File.

Then on a new ID-Page, i create 10 Textframes, on each Textframe come 5 Numbervariables; then i generate with DataMerge the finally File => 100 Pages a 10 Textframes a 5 Numbers.

In the Years befor 2015, it works with an old IMac PPC fine – no Problems.
      2015 I become an new IMac with OS Yosemit and ID CS 4; and the Problem begins.
      On many Textframe, ID put the wrong Number; at excample it put

1003, 2003, 3002,4002, 5002

correct is 1002, 2002, 3002, 4002, 5002

More Infos:

- the wrong Numbers are never in the first Page
      the wrong Numbers are never ib the upper left Textframe on the Page
      when ID put wrong Numbers, every the 2 first in the Textframe, never the last 3 Numbers
      On a File with 100 Pages a 10 Textframes exist over 100 Textframes with wrong Numbers

After all this, I can't work with Indesign on this Printjob and i must serach an other Programm!

Martin Jenniges