Exit

acrobat

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded the photography package yesterday

it included PS, LR, and acrobat

i really was not needing the acrobat.  however i did not know for sure at the time if i needed acrobat in case there was some linkage between the acrobat and PS or LR.

when i went to install acrobat there was already a free license version of acrobat on my windows 8 system.  the install asked me to uninstall the free license version first.

so i went to uninstall the free acrobat.  however, when i did, there was a catch 22 message.  it said i was trying to install acrobat and would not let me continue.

i tried uninstalling the free acrobat several times but each time i got the same catch 22 install message, as if i was running an install script, not an uninstall script.

i gave up and called support.  support got the same results and had to remove the free acrobat manually using some other method that i did not pay attention to since i am not a windows person (thank providence).

then they made a remark which implied that i did not really need this licensed acrobat version.  but by that time it was too late and the free version was uninstalled.

then we installed the licensed version of acrobat, which i now have on my system.

to summarize

1. there is insufficient info in the photog package to let the user know if he needs or does not need the licensed adobe acrobat if he already has the unlicensed adobe acrobat.

2. if he already has the unlicensed adobe acrobat, on windows 8, he may run into a catch 22 uninstall script error with the free acrobat during trying to install the licensed version.

these issues seem to be product related, not support related.

i may be missing something (if so, what).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

‌Adobe is not included in the Photography Package so I'm not sure why it has been downloaded in your case.

Is this Acrobat Pro or the free Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines