Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect Add-in Crashing with Screen-Share

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having with my Adobe Connect Add-In.

I have a relatively old macbook with Mac OSX version 10.6.8 installed, as well as the 9th version of Adobe Connect Add-in. It seemed to install fine, and meetings work fine. Everything is fine until I try to screen-share, at which point it consistently crashes, giving me a box that just tells me the application has quit working. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result.
Is this because I have an older OS? Has anyone else had this problem with only the screen-sharing? Also, is there anywhere I can test my screen-sharing capabilities other than when I'm in a meeting, similar to how Skype has a contact you can call to test your connection?

If you could help point me in the right direction with this issue, I would be most grateful. Please let me know if there's any further info I'm forgetting to share!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Hello allisonc85780560,

Connect addin is not supported on MAC OS X 10.6.8

Here is a link to the technical specifications where you can see that you need to have MAC OS X 10.8 or above.

Adobe Connect Technical Specs

And for your second query about any other way to test your screen sharing capabilities, you have to enter the meeting and then share your screen. You can share your screen even if your the only attendee in the meeting with host or presenter level permissions and check on the capabilities

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello allisonc85780560,

Connect addin is not supported on MAC OS X 10.6.8

Here is a link to the technical specifications where you can see that you need to have MAC OS X 10.8 or above.

And for your second query about any other way to test your screen sharing capabilities, you have to enter the meeting and then share your screen. You can share your screen even if your the only attendee in the meeting with host or presenter level permissions and check on the capabilities with the screen sharing feature that the Adobe Connect provides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Allisonc

Have A Great Day....!

Connect add-in is not supported on MAC OS X

Here is a link to the technical specifications where you can see that you need to have MAC OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys! Was able to fix my problem by updating the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines