7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 10:35 AM by Gutter-Fish

Anyone have a fix to the audio stutter that seems to be going on for several versions.

miwebmedia

Cause I sure don't.......horrible experience thus far.

• 2. Re: Anyone have a fix to the audio stutter that seems to be going on for several versions.
          miwebmedia Level 1

wish i could but the cloud does not show previous versions for effects and the download on adobe won't run.

But tell ya truth after wasting most my day, I think may just look for totally different alternative.  Incredible Adobe would put something out that's so buggy.

• 3. Re: Anyone have a fix to the audio stutter that seems to be going on for several versions.
            miwebmedia Level 1

I just had to post this for anyone else thinking about buying or leasing after effects

DO NOT DO IT!

Below is conversation just had with one their reps........

You are now chatting with Ankit Singh.
            Please don’t close the chat window or browser tab since it will end our chat session.

12:16:38 AM

Ankit Singh:

Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

12:16:40 AM

Ankit Singh:

Please allow me 1-2 minute(s) to review your account details.

12:16:44 AM

Bill

hello, thanks

12:18:50 AM

Ankit Singh:

I got  the issue description

12:18:54 AM

Ankit Singh:

Please elaborate the issue

12:20:06 AM

Bill

not much more can say i downloaded effects, went into character annimator and started following along with a youtube video. But once got to replaying the scene. the audio stuttered and slowed down. Now on the regular after effects composition the audio works fine. It's only in character annimation.

12:20:42 AM

Ankit Singh:

It may do that in Character animator

12:21:02 AM

Ankit Singh:

because this is for animation , audio may create issues

12:21:42 AM

Bill

so in short this program lacks the ability to function normally without any issues. How suppose to create something when can't check it

12:21:54 AM

Bill

is there any solution

12:23:42 AM

Ankit Singh:

currently there is no specific solution for character animator

12:24:19 AM

Bill

then i would like free access to effects until it's resolved. 

12:24:40 AM

Ankit Singh:

but we are coming with an update to improve the performance in character animator

12:24:54 AM

Ankit Singh:

its not an an issue with the after effects

12:25:20 AM

Bill

tell ya truth I spent hours yesterday looking for solution. Adobe has been saying for months going find a solution thru several versions and still there.

12:25:26 AM

Ankit Singh:

character animator is not design to give you the real time playback for the audio

12:25:45 AM

Bill

but character annimator is part of after effects and the 90% of thing I wanted to use.

12:26:49 AM

Ankit Singh:

its a part of the after effect but not designed for audio , its only for animation

12:28:32 AM

Bill

no worries....i ain't buying it anyway. sorry but this sounds like excuses more then solutions. If not designed for audio why allow it, why have the video to record it, why all the functions.....simply put the product doesn't work as displayed, advertised and well I ain't buying it. Have nice night

12:29:05 AM

Ankit Singh:

Thank you for contacting Adobe. Good Bye.

• 4. Re: Anyone have a fix to the audio stutter that seems to be going on for several versions.
              Gutter-Fish Level 4

It's not an issue with After Effects.  From what I know Character Animator comes with After Effects but shows up in my app list as a separate program and it has been my understanding that Character Animator it is currently in Beta.   After Effects is an entirely different program separate from Animator.

Honestly from your post I assumed you were experiencing audio issues with After Effects, you never even mentioned character animator.

BTW way do a search for how to install previous versions of After Effects, if you are a CC subscriber it is available for install.

With all due respect it sounds to me like you are just ill informed.

Buyer beware.

• 5. Re: Anyone have a fix to the audio stutter that seems to be going on for several versions.
                Gutter-Fish Level 4

here:

Read the whole thing and note where it says they are releasing Character Animator as a "PREVIEW". Adobe Character Animator revealed | After Effects region of interest

So why don't you cool your jets and file a proper bug report.  Try acting in helpful way rather than just an entitled, demanding & uninformed way

• 6. Re: Anyone have a fix to the audio stutter that seems to be going on for several versions.
                  CoSA_DaveS Adobe Employee

> character animator is not design to give you the real time playback for the audio

Sorry you were given this incorrect information. Ch is indeed designed for real-time audio playback, and we have no reports from anyone about audio in Ch not being real-time.

First step is to make sure you're running the latest Preview, currently Preview 3. The version number is in the Ch menu bar.

If you're still having the problem with Preview 3, please post here with your hardware & OS version info (see System Information section here: FAQ: How do I collect application and system information for troubleshooting issues? ), and step-by-step description of how to reproduce the problem.

As Gutter-Fish mentioned, Ch is currently in "preview". We do appreciate bug reports so we can make it better.

Thanks!

P.S. Private to Gutter-Fish: regarding audio stutter in AE, try the latest version (13.7)

• 7. Re: Anyone have a fix to the audio stutter that seems to be going on for several versions.
                    Gutter-Fish Level 4

Hi Dave,

My audio in 13.7 is much better, not perfect, but good enough that I have actually started using 13.7 (2 projects so far).

Thanks for all your guys hard work