• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Conditional Actions in Captivate 9

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of upgrading from 8 to 9. I only have the trial version, because my serial number is not working. Anyway, I have been using conditional actions in 8, but a project I converted from 8 to 9 they are not working in now. I have created a sample file of what I am doing. I think I am just missing a step, but cannot figure it out. Could it be because it is just the trial version?

Is there a way for me to share the sample file here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've encountered a known issue with upgrading Conditional Actions from Cp8 to Cp9 version 9.0.0.  The conditional actions get converted back to standard actions and therefore don't work as expected.

Your trial version of Cp9 will be version 9.0.0, but Adobe released a patch for this issue and installing that patch would upgrade your trial version to 9.0.1.

Do a Google search for Adobe Captivate 9 hotfix and you should be able to find the blog article from which you can download the patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link, but it has not fixed my problem. I am now using the licensed version of 9 (9.0.0.230). I have created a new test file from scratch. I am also working on a Mac. I might point out that in my Help menu, the Updates option is greyed out.

I think I am leaving out a step or something, but this one has got me stumped. Is there anyway for me to share my Captivate file with you for advise?

Here is what I am trying to rebuild:

Menu page with buttons that take you to different topics. For example Red button jumps to Red Intro slide. Green button jumps to Green Intro slide. Students go through each topic and then at end of topic click on button that takes them back to Menu page. This buttons action is a conditional action. Once back on Menu page, a symbol will appear, showing that they have completed that topic. All topics must be complete before the Assessment button appears that jumps to a quiz.

Variables:

red

green

blue

Standard Actions:

red_end

Assign red with 1

Jump to slide 3 Menu

green_end

Assign green with 1

Jump to slide 3 Menu

blue_end

Assign blue with 1

Jump to slide 3 Menu

Conditional actions:

check_module_completion

IF

All conditions are true

Red_Complete

red is equal to 1

Show red_complete

Else

Hide red_complete

IF

All conditions are true

Green_Complete

green is equal to 1

Show green_complete

Else

Hide green_complete

IF

All conditions are true

Blue_Complete

blue is equal to 1

Show blue_complete

Else

Hide blue_complete

IF

All conditions are true

Assessment_Butt_Show

red is equal to 1

green is equal to 1

blue is equal to 1

Show assessment_button

Else

Hide assessment_button

Am I missing a piece of code or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A hot fix is not installed using Update feature, it is mostly a manual work flow.

Your question is off topic for this thread, has nothing to do with it. Why didn't you create a new question?

This topic has appeared so many times everywhere. Here is my last blog post explaining that type of dashboard/menu

Captivate 8 - First Adventures - Captivate blog

Could you please use the Preview button in the Advanced Actions dialog box and post a screenshot of the total Conditional action? I'm totally confused by the way you are writing this down. It is not clear to me which events are triggering the actions. Easiest work flow would be:

1. For the 'back to menu' buttons at the end of each section, use a shared standard action like this:
        Assign v_xxx with 1              v_xxx is a first parameter, variable associated with that section, be sure to give that variable the value = 0 when defining it
        Show xxx_complete            xxx_complete is the second parameter, the checkmark that has to appear on the menu slide
        Jump to menu
  2. For the On Enter event of the menu slide:
        IF v_one is equal to 1  AND
            v_two is equal to 1  AND

Show Bt_assess

ELSE

Continue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I was trying to determine if the issue was related to the update or if I had made a mistake in the code. I thought the issues may have been related.

Sorry to have bothered you. I will find my answer elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote for you a complete solution, lot easier, and that is your 'thank you'. Great, have a good memory and will not try to help you in the future.

If you read this thread, it was about conditional actions in former versions being converted to standard shared actions before the hot fix. You have installed the hot fix, and your question was about something totally different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, sorry to have offended you, and I do appreciate all the time and effort you put into volunteering on this site.

I did install the hot fix, and it did not solve my problem. Once I installed the hot fix, my version was updated from 9.0.0.223 to 9.0.0.230. My confusion was that in another post response, not yours, that the hot fix would upgrade to 9.0.1. I was not sure if I installed the hot fix incorrectly, or if the original problem was my code.

I stated in the original post that it could just be my lack of knowledge with the code.

This was why I thought the issues may be related and not a different topic. My mistake.

I will try not to make the same mistake again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hot fix version is 9.0.0.230. I never told differently... lot of people just don't care about being correct. Only an official patch will change to a 9.0.1 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources