4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2016 11:12 AM by lucd1350015

upgrade  from lightroom 6 and photoshop element 14 to version Creatve Cloud

lucd1350015

I want to move to version of CC  lightroom and photoshop. For now i'm the owner of Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Element 14. Do I pay less because of upgrading.

And how catalogs reacts from the upgrades. And can I use both programs on my desktop and laptop for the same rate.

I have troubles to synchronise catalogs from version 5 and 3 to the new version 6 of Lightroom, espacially from catalog from version 3, when I choose a photo from these catalog the old version 3 appear.

Thank you

• 1. Re: upgrade  from lightroom 6 and photoshop element 14 to version Creatve Cloud
          dj_paige Level 9

I want to move to version of CC  lightroom and photoshop. For now i'm the owner of Lightroom 6 and Photoshop Element 14. Do I pay less because of upgrading.

I suppose that's a matter of how you define "less"

You pay $9.99 per month. Over 12 months, that's roughly $120. Over 24 months that's roughly $240. But you get Photoshop and new features in Lightroom that are not in Lightroom 6.

And how catalogs reacts from the upgrades. And can I use both programs on my desktop and laptop for the same rate.

Your catalog still works. You can use Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC on 2 machines (with conditions spelled out in the license).

I have troubles to synchronise catalogs from version 5 and 3 to the new version 6 of Lightroom, espacially from catalog from version 3, when I choose a photo from these catalog the old version 3 appear.

This ought to go in a new thread, where you explain in a lot more detail what "troubles" you are having.

• 2. Re: upgrade  from lightroom 6 and photoshop element 14 to version Creatve Cloud
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is no discount for moving from LR 6 or PSE 14 to the LR CC + PS CC Photography subscription.  Your licenses for LR 6 and PSE14 are independent of CC.

LR 6 and LR 2015 CC are exactly the same program.  The LR program just reacts differently whether you login with an Adobe ID associated with a CC subscription (LR CC) or whether you have entered a serial number (LR 6).  The LR CC version shows new features sooner, with Dehaze and Boundary Warp in Panoramas being the main two so far.

Because LR 6 and LR CC are the same program whatever issues you may be having with catalogs wouldn't change. 

• 3. Re: upgrade  from lightroom 6 and photoshop element 14 to version Creatve Cloud
              lucd1350015 Level 1

Thank you.

Luc

Le 7 févr. 2016 à 10:00, dj_paige <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

I suppose that's a matter of how you define "less"

You pay $9.99 per month. Over 12 months, that's roughly $120. Over 24 months that's roughly $240. But you get Photoshop and new features in Lightroom that are not in Lightroom 6.

Your catalog still works. You can use Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC on 2 machines (with conditions spelled out in the license).

This ought to go in a new thread, where you explain in a lot more detail what "troubles" you are having.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8471562#8471562 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8471562#8471562

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 4. Re: upgrade  from lightroom 6 and photoshop element 14 to version Creatve Cloud
                lucd1350015 Level 1

Thank you .

Luc

Le 7 févr. 2016 à 14:11, ssprengel <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

created by ssprengel in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

There is no discount for moving from LR 6 or PSE 14 to the LR CC + PS CC Photography subscription.  Your licenses for LR 6 and PSE14 are independent of CC.

LR 6 and LR 2015 CC are exactly the same program.  The LR program just reacts differently whether you login with an Adobe ID associated with a CC subscription (LR CC) or whether you have entered a serial number (LR 6).  The LR CC version shows new features sooner, with Dehaze and Boundary Warp in Panoramas being the main two so far.

Because LR 6 and LR CC are the same program whatever issues you may be having with catalogs wouldn't change.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8471977#8471977 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8471977#8471977

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.