3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2009 10:48 AM by pixlor

Windows 7 and Fireworks CS3

rombaran
      Was anyone here able to run Fireworks CS3 flawlessly on Windows 7? It has very strange behavior. I was able to get it run for the first time after I have waited for more than hour to start it. Then I activated it and was able to work with it without problems. After restart it takes again forever to start. It looks to me like there is no problem with fireworks but with some code which is checking if the copy is legal and this is causing the delay. I used FW very occasionally just to create some web graphics, i bought FW8 and then i bought upgrade just to be able to run it on windows vista. i really dont want to buy upgrade again to use it on windows 7 just once a month. Any help appreciated.

update
      Now it stopped working and I have got this message

Licensing for this product has stopped working.
      You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support for help.
        • 1. Re: Windows 7 and Fireworks CS3
          pixlor Level 4
          On Windows 7? That's a beta product. If you want to use Windows 7 you can expect problems as the purpose of the beta test is to find problems. CS3 works well on Vista. If you need to work productively, use a released product, not a beta.

That said, I had the same error on Vista a couple of weeks ago. Something hung in Fireworks and not only would Fireworks not start, none of my other CS3 apps (on Vista) would start. I got the same error message in each. It is something in the licensing product that Adobe uses. I searched Google for the text of the error message and found a KB article that eventually got things working. http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401528

I had to run the utility all three times, and then keep on going through the other steps of moving off file folders before my apps started working again. It was frustrating for the to stop working, like that, and I kept being disappointed at having to move on to the next "if that didn't work, do this." But at least they're working again!

• 2. Re: Windows 7 and Fireworks CS3
            rombaran Level 1
            hi man, excelent. you have just made my day. if we would ever meet, i will buy you a beer. after the patch Fireworks works perfectly.
            • 3. Re: Windows 7 and Fireworks CS3
              pixlor Level 4
              Oh wonderful! I'm glad to hear you got it working!