Log out and back into the creative cloud app.
Logging out and back in does not help. Shows in CC app that my Lightroom as a "Trial Expired" even though I have the Photoshop Photography subscription plan. Today it was working just fine few hours ago. Now it does not anymore. Adobe server issue?
LR needs to be signed in to be authorized to your Photography Plan license. If you are in LR then use Help / Sign-In to do this. If you’re already signed in then try signing out and back in. If you cannot get into LR, then use the CC Desktop applet to sign in or sign out and sign back in.
Could be but we are not Adobe employees here mostly. Can you log on to accounts.adobe.com using the same account and password and check whether it shows correctly that you have the plan? If not you should probably contact adobe's support.
So I've tried a few things:
- Signed in on accounts.adobe.com - it is showing I am subscribed to the Photoshop Photography Program.
- Signed out and back in again - numerous times: either via desktop app or via Lightroom itself.
- Used AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to clean it all - reinstalling Creative Cloud desktop app & then Lightroom.
- Clicking on "Buy Now" button for the Photography plan - just to get the popup saying I already own it. Then using the link there to install Ligthroom.
Still no luck - after all the things I've done above still shows in Creative Cloud app near Lightroom that "Trial Expired". It is fine on my laptop though - Lightroom works fine with the same Adobe ID. Signed out on laptop - just in case. Still, on my desktop it is showing trial expired...
Funny thing, when I click on "Edit payment" details on accounts.adobe.com, it says the following:
We are currently processing your order. This might take up to 24 hours. Please try again later. If more than 24 hours have elapsed since your order was placed, please contact Customer Support.
I think I'll try contacting customer support as above could be the reason.
Thank you for your help guys.
So far I had to contact the Adobe Tech support twice - both times because of this very same issue.
First time it was enough just to delete the mentioned directories.
Second time we had to delete and reset permissions & read-only flags on directories to resolve this issue.
Below are the steps to try. Try going till STEP 3 and see if that helps. If not - then do the STEP 4 as well.
- Close all Adobe apps: Creative Cloud Desktop, Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC etc.
- Kill all Adobe processes via Task Manager:
Adobe CEF Helper.exe
Adobe Desktop Service.exe
- and any other processes that may hint at being from Adobe
- Delete specific directories:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache\
- Unset read-only flag on dirs/files and reset permissions to "Everyone" (or your user name / group) on these directories and their sub-directories:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\
c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\
- <Your Lightroom Install dir> (wherever you installed it)
I hope this will help the others stuck with "Trial Expired" issue. Please try and see if it resolves the issue and let me know if it worked!