• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My website has been designed in Muse. I'm wishing to add BC modules but it seems like 2 different systems. When I want to add pages to the menu bar then the website pages aren't there. Can I copy my Muse pages to BC so all pages are in BC and under the sa

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website has been designed in Muse. I'm wishing to add BC modules but it seems like 2 different systems. When I want to add pages to the menu bar then the website pages aren't there. Can I copy my Muse pages to BC so all pages are in BC and under the same menu structure? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are two different systems. I strongly advise against modifying the files Muse generates, or otherwise going around the Muse software.

Muse sites need their pages to be added/managed from the Muse software.

This may help: Video of the Month: Adding Business Catalyst features to your Muse sites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not totally correct.

A while ago now there was an update to BC and Muse in terms of relationship on the files.

Under settings there is now an option to sync back and allow changes to business catalyst and Muse. You have to ensure this option is enabled in both and when you run Muse it notifies you and looks to sync back down those pages.

It is still not great process and how Muse works is really only basic compared to Bc though so keep that in mind Jo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Liam.

I have only recently purchased BC so shouldn't I have the latest version?

Also, I don't see anything under settings to sync to Muse? Is it site settings or somewhere else?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what plan did you purchase. Look on the business catalyst website and you can see different plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Robert for your reply. I am working with the video, it is very helpful.

I assume the same would apply for adding shop module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add BC modules with the HTML Object box in Muse. You can add BC pages to a Muse custom menu with URLs. You can keep blogs and e-commerce in BC and attach a Muse template to them. Make a BC template in Muse using the {tag_pagecontent} Tag on the page (HTML box).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me map this out for you pretty plain and clear.

MUSE and BC are 2 different systems. Yes there's been some work done in MUSE so that you can use some BC features and they work on a basic level.

As liam pointed out you can do this with Eccomerce. HOWEVER have you ever seen any decent MUSE/ECOMMERCE implementations? Nope? Neither have I.

In short, Muse is a basic tool thats great for spitting out quick and easy sites that require little or no functionality. It's by no means the scalable, flexible solution that Business Catalyst is without Muse.

So how do you move forward?

Unfortunately once you use MUSE you're stuck with Muse. We prefer to design in Photoshop and to build our Html natively in Business Catalyst so we're not restricted.

BUT...... Quite often we work with MUSE users to do one of the following when they need more functionalty:

1. We convert their current MUSE site to NATIVE BC and therefore unlock the true power of Business Catalyst. From then on you use BC to make changes not MUSE

OR

2. Occasionally we'll leave whats in MUSE online. Then we create modules using BC. This requires creating a Native BC Template that wraps around the BC module. The kicker here is these templates are NEVER updated using muse. We treat them separately and they're managed in BC. You can continue to update the MUSE part of the site in MUSE no problem.

We prefer option 1 but quite often we do option 2.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out

brett@prettydigital.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines