7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 11:58 PM by Willi Adelberger

Error everytime I try to open InDesign CC.

link_

Got the latest Creative Cloud (2015). Every program works fine except InDesign CC. Whenever I try to open it I get a Error message. It's in swedish but loosely translated it says: "Unable to launch Adobe InDesign, because you have no access permission for setting folders. Make sure you have the proper permissions, and then restart InDesign." What do I do?

• 1. Re: Error everytime I try to open InDesign CC.
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

reset your preferences - :  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error everytime I try to open InDesign CC.
            link_ Level 1

Thank you, but when I get to the Version maps the latest one is empty? The older Version isn't there's the Language map, and Indesign Default, just as described in the guide. But the latest CC one is empty? Note that I have never been able to open InDesign CC, I have gotten the error message since I downloaded the program.

• 4. Re: Error everytime I try to open InDesign CC.
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think there's an issue with permissions on the Mac for folders that InDesign must write to. This post explains how to fix it. Note that where it refers to version "9.0" you want to enter "11.0" for the current InDesign CC 2015:

Cant launch new inDesign CC

• 5. Re: Error everytime I try to open InDesign CC.
                Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

link_ schrieb:

Thank you, but when I get to the Version maps the latest one is empty? The older Version isn't there's the Language map, and Indesign Default, just as described in the guide. But the latest CC one is empty? Note that I have never been able to open InDesign CC, I have gotten the error message since I downloaded the program.

That indicates that the permission of that folder is set wrong. You have to correct it. You need to have to “Read & Write” rights in YOUR User Library, in the Preferences Folder. Delete the whole InDesign Folder there when InDesign is not running.

To see and change the preference settings of a folder on a Mac, select it in the finder and click command+I

• 6. Re: Error everytime I try to open InDesign CC.
                  Nikhil R Gupta Adobe Employee

Hi link_

Try to give permissions to Adobe Indesign Folders

Step 1:

Open Finder and on the top left of MAC menu bar you will see Go

In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder.

Step 2:

In the Go To Folder dialog and type

~/Library

Click Go.

Step 3:

Open the Caches Folder > Go to  InDesign folder and Right Click to select Get Info

• Unlock the Security lock in the bottom right hand corner

• Under Sharing and Permissions, Click the “+” to add User (yourself) will display under Name

• Under Privilege it will say Read Only, change this to Read & Write

• Then select the Settings Icon (cogwheel) and Select Apply to Enclosed Items

Step 4:

Open the Preferences Folder > Go to  InDesign folder and Right Click to select Get Info

• Unlock the Security lock in the bottom right hand corner

• Under Sharing and Permissions, Click the “+” to add User (yourself) will display under Name

• Under Privilege it will say Read Only, change this to Read & Write

• Then select the Settings Icon (cogwheel) and Select Apply to Enclosed Items

Try to launch the application and check.

If that does not work, try to delete version 11 folder from indesign folder  from both preferences and caches and try to launch again.

Regards,

Nikhil Gupta

• 7. Re: Error everytime I try to open InDesign CC.
                    Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Don't correct the folder inside the Preferences and Caches, delete the InDesign folders there at all, they will be recreated with the first start of InDesign. Otherwise you have to defeat not visual problems.