• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issue in captivate 9 while publishing for responsive output

Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

can we use fonts other than Arial and time new roman as it gets converted to time new roman

if we use any other font for responsive output in captivate 9

Thanks

Chinmay

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use Web-Safe fonts.

The Web-Safe font set is certainly limited, but you should be able to use fonts other than Arial or Times New Roman.  Have you tried all web-safe fonts yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have tired using Calibri but it still gets converted to Times new roman

is there any solution to embed a font in captivate 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look carefully at the fonts at the very top of the character list you will see these are the web-safe ones:

websafefonts.png

Notice that Calibri is not listed here.  Try testing these fonts in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired using Georgia and verdana but result is same it converts the fonts to either Arial or times new roman after publishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you testing this in different browsers and on different devices?  IF not, try that.  Your issue may be connected with a certain browser or device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have tried on different browsers and even I have tried on Ipad but same issue occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod

can we embed other fonts by making changes in CPLibraryAll.css

and are backend changes recommended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have heard users on this forum mention that they have modified default publish files to allow font embedding.

If it works, I don't see why it wouldn't be "recommended" but you need to be aware that embedding fonts will increase the download size of your projects, so it's best to limit the embedded fonts to as small a number as a possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will check it Thank you very much for your comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys here's one for you.

We are using an outside ID vendor because our workload is just too heavy right now, when they send me the SCORM package and I load it to our LMS the font stays correct (Johntson ITD),

When they send me the authoring file (.cptx) and I open the file in Cap 9 it opens as Myriad Pro.

Johnston ITD is our corporate branded font, it has to stay Johnston.  Yes I have Johnston loaded, I sent the fonts to our vendor.

Any thoughts?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you are not aware of the difference between dynamic and static text. You also do not specify if you are using SWF or HTML output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output doesn't matter, because the output doesn't change from the test environment to the live environment,

Does anyone know why the font in the .cptx file would change going from their computers to the mine?  Both computers have the same list of fonts, in fact I sent them the fonts they are using development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both computers on the same OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both are windows computers using Cap 9 and both have Johnston ITD loaded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both Windows OS the same version or is it possible that one is Win7 and the other is Win8 or Win10?

(I'm wondering if perhaps the path to the Font repository on the system may be causing this issue.)

Also check on your computer whether you can find the Johnston font listed when you are inside the Captivate editing environment when one of these CPTX files is open on your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought of something else that could be a factor.  Check whether your Theme might be over-riding the settings when the CPTX is opened on your PC.  Open a new blank CPTX, apply your corporate Theme, and take a look at what the fonts are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok both of us are using Window 7, Captivate 9.  They have loaded and checked using various machines but it works on there side of the fence.  I have asked several people in my office to open the file and it does not open properly.  The contracting company even downloaded the version I pull off Basecamp and it worked for them.

I just have no idea what else it could be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did you verify how the Theme is set up?

Perhaps you could get the contractor to zip up their Theme file and email it to you, then apply that theme to a test copy of the project at your end to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob, these give me some good things to check for.... I am hoping that if I can figure out the problem, you or someone will know a fix.  I have a feeling you are on to something with the OS.  I will check with our vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project almost finished and have been using avenir next condensed, when published it view sperfect on a mac but Windows messes up the font. is there any way to resolve this? I really don't wan tot change the font, but...the project needs to display correctly on both platforms. thanks in advance for any  help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not going to be able to use Avenir, not a Windows font and is expensive. Unless you have Font Folio and have it installed, it will get substituted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. If I use font folio it will work? I do like to appearance of the font very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a great font, but unless the users have it, it won't show in the project. You need to use web-safe fonts.

CSS Font Stack: Web Safe and Web Font Family with HTML and CSS code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet is to just stick with the Web Safe fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources