1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2016 7:54 PM by Mohit Goyal

Lightroom 6 not validating?

VanderPhotography

I just bought Lightroom 6 from best buy. Used the registration number to download the serial, downloaded Lightroom, have it installed, but the serial won't validate. It continuously says to connect it to the internet, which I am, and never goes past that. I'm registered the serial onto my account, but I still can't validate it on my computer.

Is there something going on with my download? This is the second time I've done it. Can I mod something in my computer to let it register an internet connection?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 not validating?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi vanderphotography,

If you are using Windows Machine you can try two steps to fix it.

1. Reset the Internet Explore settings

• Close all Internet Explorer windows that are currently open.
          • Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop.
          • Tap or click the Tools button  Tools, and then tap or click Internet options.
          • Tap or Click the Advanced tab, and then tap or click Reset.
          • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.
          • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC for these changes to take effect.

related link: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Windows Help

2. Reset the hosts file refer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/972034

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit