• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Adobe Digital Editions Won't Launch.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10. Adobe Digital Editions was working. Then I had a computer crash and now it won't even launch. I click on it and nothing happens.

I've tried restarting the computer.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Digital Editions. The reinstall appeared to be successful but it still won't start.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

It briefly worked after I disabled driver signature enforcement. Then stopped working again (possibly because it turned back on?).

Anyway, I installed the old version, Adobe Digital Editions 3.0, and that seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Right Click on Digital  Edition and run as Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Still will not run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Digital Edition.
Rename My Digital Edition Folder under My Documents in My Digital Edition.old

Then start Digital Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, renaming the My Digital Editions folder did not work. Still will not start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its works on my Device fine. 😕 In this case try if work under a other user: How to Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me either.  It would be a lot easier if Abode didn't cheap out on tech support and had a dedicated email or chat support instead of this "community"(i.e. having lay people do your tech support for free if possible) business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much  after 2 wasted days with adobe this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this worked for about an hour and now i have the same problem, Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything.  Nothing works.  I have a Nook and when I click on the Nook in my digital editions the whole program shuts down.  Is there any othere way to get book from the libray on my nook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening as adminstrator works for me (Windows 10),  but one question; WHY IS THAT NECECESSARY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It briefly worked after I disabled driver signature enforcement. Then stopped working again (possibly because it turned back on?).

Anyway, I installed the old version, Adobe Digital Editions 3.0, and that seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Sometimes on Windows 10 using ADE 4.5 becomes frozen and it isn´t possible to click the buttons, so I can´t use it. I fixed that going to "My digital Editions" and deleting the content in all the folders. Then open ADE again and everything works right, the problem is that you will lose what you got there, but you can make a copy before just in case.

First time I installed ADE 4.5 it´s happened to me and doing what I explained here the problem was fixed (I was using ADE 3.0 before, so "My digital editions" have a lot of files there)

Good luck!

Juan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the above worked for me when it stopped working.

I reinstalled Sony Reader to use that instead \9my device is a Sony), and ADE started working as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me but was a last resort after trying so many other things.  Lost my history as a result.  Will make backups from now on in case I have another issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I had the same problem and your indications work for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too.  Sad to see the same problem happening for years.   Thank you for posting a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following solution from Kobo Customer Support: Irais E. Thank you Irais! THIS WORKED FOR ME, after trying all the other solution ideas I could find in these forums (without success). I am using Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 and Windows 10.

Locate folder "My Digital Editions" (on my laptop), and delete all contents in the sub-folders (Annotations, Manifest, Restore (found empty), Tags, Thumbnails). Now I was able to open ADE and re-authorize ADE. I then synced my Kobo with the Kobo desktop program, which authorized my Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias, pero lo he hecho y me sigue sin funcionar. ¿Alguna otra idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem on my Mac running OS El Capitain and solved deleting all contents inside folder…/Documents/Digital Editions folder. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing this worked for me! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked.  ADE working just fine on older laptop running Windows 10.  Got a new laptop and ADE install  on new laptop a total bust.  Program either closes on it's own or toally hangs.   Deleted all contents in sub-folders as suggested.  Opened ADE and it is now working great.   Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same type problems.  ADE was working fine, then quit.  Opens, but does not show any books in library or bookshelves.  from Overdrive, downloads appear to be working, byt do not show.  Tried adding books  several books that had been previously opened and read, get error that says already in library.   Is there any way to download and install the old version 3 that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally found solution:

1) Delete: My Digital Editions folder localed in Documents

2) Reinstall Digital Editions 4.5

3) Open software and you will see that is not showing window, I've noticed that is minimized, so make click in Digital Editions button (taskbar) and press in your keyboard Alt + (Spacebar), you'll see an option to RESTORE, press letter that is underlined and Digital Editions 4.5 should display in your screen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines