• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hosting help - Pre purchase

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im thinking to purchase the business catalyst hosting to use with adobe muse... I have the trial version and have uploaded 3 website templates to test... However only 1 of those sites allows me any options like the ecommerce, and other stuff. I need to create an online store using Muse. but there are no options for it....

How can I buy something that only alows me to make 1 website and charges more $$$ than any other hosting provider on Earth?   Im not being rude... I really need to know

Currently I use a managed wordpress hosting service where i can host 25 full-tilt ecommerce websites for $800 per year....

I have 10 websites that are my own that i am thinking to rebuild and move over to business catalyst...  which is saying I can host the 10 sites for $850 per year.... so as im testing this with 3 templates only one of those sites has any options in the dash board.... In fact i cant even see the pages, email, ecommerce, or anything .... Am I missing something.

And how can this work for making sites for clients...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse is really for flat file, little bit nice looking, kind of mobile "Brochure Sites".

BC is and has more then what Muse can work with, but same with any other CMS if you tried to use Muse, in fact you will have more issues with any other then you do with BC.

If you are selecting the lower end plans then you will not get all the features, only the eCommerce plan has eCommerce features for example, if you are choosing web basic plan this is only basic.

In terms of the pricing.. BC is not just hosting.

If you think of the plans say the marketing and eCommerce...

You have hosting, you have secure certificate, you have email marketing, eCommerce with API coded for payment gateways so you just whack the details in. You got PCI compliance and 24 hour support and server handling by Adobe.

- Do you offer 24 hour server support with clients on Wordpress?

- Do any of your Wordpress sites hold PCI level 1 compliance?

- How much is the certificates, email service marketing etc costing?

- Is all that manageable through one account or is it multiple passwords, access etc?

- What is the cost of the email?

- Do you have support direct from Wordpress themselves?

Very different things, lots to consider and a lot of prices and management to add up. If you do that your actually getting close to the Pricing But you have to spend more time managing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines