3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2009 12:37 PM by Newsgroup_User

Quicktime controls

babamanUK
      the problem is that the built in controls for quicktime videos arent displaying properly, they are functional, but you can just see a black bar across the bottom of the video rather than the graphics.

any thoughts would be apreciated, cheers guys.
        • 1. Re: Quicktime controls
          Level 7
          Which version of Director, which version of QuickTime, Mac or PC, and
          are you publishing to Shockwave or a projector?
          • 2. Re: Quicktime controls
            babamanUK Level 1
            ah sorry man

its director 11, the newest quicktime, not sure what its up to, on windows vista.

ive published it as everything and its just a black bar at the bottom of the video, same as it is in the director program, if you click where the volume button is the volume slider comes up fine but everything just stays black, buttons all work, just cant see them.
            • 3. Re: Quicktime controls
              Level 7
              > the newest quicktime

Sorry, but that means nothing to me. Here's what Director on my computer
              tells me:
              put quickTimeVersion()

> ive published it as everything and its just a black bar at the bottom of the
              > video, same as it is in the director program, if you click where the volume
              > button is the volume slider comes up fine but everything just stays black,
              > buttons all work, just cant see them.

What happens if you open the QuickTime Control Panel, go to the Advanced
              tab, un-check all the options under Video: DirectX, reboot and try QT in
              Director again?