• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to enter the serial number because it is alphanumeric.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 8.1 computer died so I was forced to purchase a windows 10 computer.  I have successfully installed the Photoshop 5.5 that I purchased.  It runs perfectly as a trial but I am unable to enter the serial number because it is alphanumeric.  It is a legit serial number that I paid for. How do I get it to work?  There is no phone support and no help in support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

There's the problem. Your CD has Photoshop 5.5  It's so old it's no longer available for download and whatever you installed is not your old 5.5

Uninstall whatever it was you installed and use your CD. It will take your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

serial number can not be alphanumeric, it should be 24 digits only.

kindly refer to Find your Adobe product serial number quickly

Hope this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my correct serial number on my CD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the serial number on my CD is alphanumeric. "The serial number labels below are for your convenience.  Affix them in a safe place for future reference.After installing this software, you will need your serial number for accessing technical support and for purchasing upgrades."

The label says "ADOBE PHOTOSHOP PWWXXXXXXXXXXX-340"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link only tells me where to find my serial number and I already have it. It won't let me enter it on the opening page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serial number and activation support (non-CC) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2041990 may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's Photoshop 5.5 which you have, and CS 5.5 which is known as 12.0 that came much later and uses the 24 digit serial to unlock it.

5.5 came on a CD and used the old alphanumeric serial number until Adobe went 24 digit starting with Photoshop 7.

I guess you installed from your old 5.5 CD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have the CD with the serial number above (x's represent the real letters and numbers). However I followed the instructions here that had me download the 2 files to install.  The instructions said the CD installer would install in the 64 bit program files so i should use the download and choose the x86 program folder to install.  I guess that is the problem.  The download is asking for the 24 numbers. So can I install straight from the CD and install in the location that is working for the download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's the problem. Your CD has Photoshop 5.5  It's so old it's no longer available for download and whatever you installed is not your old 5.5

Uninstall whatever it was you installed and use your CD. It will take your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  I didn't realize there were 2 versions.  The CD installed without a hitch! Only my pride is hurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least you are back up and running with your trusty old 5.5  I'm surprised Windows 10 would run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now I have to figure out how to open in camera raw. The option isnt

showing although it does open CR2 files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 5.5 was before Camera Raw existed. You simply don't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I had it on my computer that no longer works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Photoshop 5.5 wasn't the program that hosted it. Maybe Photoshop Elements or the CS3-CS6 version of Photoshop, but not 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have a cs5 upgrade but I didnt think thats what I used on the old

computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have Bridge CS5, that also hosts Adobe Camera Raw. ACR is not a standalone program, it works with the CS or CC series of Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines