1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 3:38 PM by JJMack

Is there a way at login to set Adobe Photoshop scratch disk for every user?

craigr49132005

I'm in a school enviroment with folder redirection. When a new user logs into a lab computer, the scratch disk is set as the "C:" drive.

I am trying to figure out a way, for when a new user logs into a computer for the first time, it will set the scratch disk to the "D:" drive if the computer has one.

I have tried logging into the computer and setting the scratch disk to "D:" manually in preferences, but it must be a user profile setting because it only remembers it under my login.

• 1. Re: Is there a way at login to set Adobe Photoshop scratch disk for every user?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The first time a user starts Photoshop. Photoshop will build a set of preferences for the user if there are none for the user.  So it would be possible for you to create a run once procedure the OS run when a new user login the first time and build a set pf Photoshop preset before Photoshop does.  However if the user ever resets their Photoshop preferences they would the get Adobe default startup disk.   IMO you need to change Adobe default and I do not know how you would go about doing that.