7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 6:32 AM by JimHess

Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6

MG1985

Hi,

I want to buy the Photoshop Lightroom 6 (not subscription to CC) and I have two questions:

1. Can I instal this program (having only one licence for me as a user) on my main computer and my wife's laptop (even though it's her computer, only I will be the user of software)? I found somewhere in questions that yes I can instal Lightroom at two computers unless I am the only user of the program but then I didn't find that in EULA and it kept me wondering if I understand that correctly.
      2. If I purchase "Lightroom 6", do I get all updates for Lightroom 6? E.g. I buy it today and I get newest available version, e.g. Lightroom 6.4... and what happens if in a some period of time the 6.5 version will be released? Will I get that update too? I don't ask about situation that Lightroom 7 is released which is obvious to me that it requires buying an update to newer product.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Marcin

• 1. Re: Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi Marcin,

1. Can I instal this program (having only one licence for me as a user) on my main computer and my wife's laptop (even though it's her computer, only I will be the user of software)? I found somewhere in questions that yes I can instal Lightroom at two computers unless I am the only user of the program but then I didn't find that in EULA and it kept me wondering if I understand that correctly.

Yes you can install it on two computers.Make sure you buy the License for Multiple Platforms.Refer  Frequently asked questions about using Photoshop Lightroom with Creative Cloud

If I purchase "Lightroom 6", do I get all updates for Lightroom 6? E.g. I buy it today and I get newest available version, e.g. Lightroom 6.4... and what happens if in a some period of time the 6.5 version will be released? Will I get that update too? I don't ask about situation that Lightroom 7 is released which is obvious to me that it requires buying an update to newer product.

Yes you will get the latest version.and will keeps getting updates on it.(Future update releases 6.5,6.6 and so on).You may see Lightroom FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Regards,

Akash

• 2. Re: Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6
            DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

The answer to both questions is yes.

• 3. Re: Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6
              MG1985 Level 1

Thank you very much for fast response and answers.

On both computers I have Windows 10 Home Edition (both PCs for personal use only) and I want to buy Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 ENG WIN/MAC BOX from local retailer Karen.pl. In reference to the local retailer website, this edition is for comercial use and for user's choice on which platform to use it.

Regards,

Marcin

• 4. Re: Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6
                99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Marcin

Lightroom is always multi-platform and can be used on both Windows and Mac. You can even download LR6.0 from the link below and then download the 6.4 update. Test it free for 30 days. Validate it with the serial number from your disk inside the box. Uninstalling and re-installation is not necessary.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

• 5. Re: Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6
                  elie-d Level 4

Just to be sure you understand (because, unfortunately, there are many purchasers of Lightroom 6 who aren't aware of this until it is too late); the updates to LR6 will be new camera and lens support and bug fixes as needed, but it will not receive new features that may be part of the concurrent updates to the subscription version. It would, however, be likely that those additional features will eventually be included in LR7.

• 6. Re: Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6
                    MG1985 Level 1

I am aware of that, however I want to buy LR6 for its skill to operate on RAW files, local adjustment, presets and general managing the photolibrary. Big surplus is also HDR and Panorama merging basic options in LR6 (not so advanced but in my opinion LR6 capabilities are enough in most cases), however I am not that interested in mobile options as I'm a little old-style and don't agree that mobile devices are best for editing yet - maybe in the future. Sync several hundreds gigs of librabry is a bad idea. Additionally, I don't use photoshop that much - don't eat me here, but for my small needs free gimp is enough for now

So if I compare spending 13Euros per month to spending 140Euros once than I prefer spending it once and in the future if I need i can alwayas purchase CC subscription if needed.

Thank you for all the answers.

Regards,

Marcin

• 7. Re: Question about licencing Photoshop Lightroom 6
                      JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom CC isn't just about adding Lightroom Mobile. Lightroom CC has additional features that Lightroom 6 does not have and will not have. Some additional features are:

Dehaze filter

Black and white sliders in the adjustment brushes

Border fill in panorama images

And Lightroom CC could possibly include adding new features that will never be part of Lightroom 6.