4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 12:30 PM by nicolej78674742

Free trial on Mac produces blank dialog box

nicolej78674742

I downloaded a free trial of Acrobat DC specifically to export text to Word.  Reader DC performed properly after it was installed.  But when I go to the tools section of Acrobat and open the Export feature it will allow me to select the document to export but the dialogue box that opens after I select "Export" is totally blank.  The same thing happens if I am in a document and select "Save As," a totally blank dialogue box appears and you can't select a location and proceed.  Anyone have thoughts? 

We have to convert the text in a pdf to Word for significant revisions on a regular basis and desperately need an easy tool to use that eliminates a lot of time formatting the text after exporting.

iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Word for Mac 2008

Safari 9.0.3

• 1. Re: Free trial on Mac produces blank dialog box
          AadeshSingh Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi nicolej78674742,

Please let me know the exact dot version of Acrobat DC & Operating System installed on your Mac?

Make sure Acrobat DC is updated to the latest version Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader.

For Save As issue, try the below troubleshooting steps :-

The default "Save As" dialog in Acrobat DC is different than the dialog that you've had in earlier releases of Acrobat, it also allows you to save to the cloud and previous locations you've saved files to. It is possible that when Acrobat tries to connect to "the cloud", it runs into problems. You may want to try to turn this feature off to see if that brings your save as dialog back: Open up Acrobat's preferences, then go to the "General" category and deselect "Show online storage when saving files":

Preferences > Show online storage

Regards,
          Aadesh

• 2. Re: Free trial on Mac produces blank dialog box
            nicolej78674742 Level 1

Your suggestion worked perfectly.  I deselected as instructed and it appears to work perfectly now.  Thank you very much for your help!

Nikki

• 3. Re: Free trial on Mac produces blank dialog box
              AadeshSingh Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hinicolej78674742,

You're welcome!

I am glad that it worked.

Regards,
              Aadesh

• 4. Re: Free trial on Mac produces blank dialog box
                nicolej78674742 Level 1

I appear to have a larger problem than I had originally thought.  Many of the dialogue boxes don't display property.  The version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is 2015.010.20056.  I have moved from a trial to the full version now.  My mac information is Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5.

An example from today:  I received the email about dropbox that went to many users.  I went to "Home" and under 'Storage' clicked "Add Account" to try and link my dropbox account.  The section to the right that should display the dropbox logo and "add" is blank. 

I had a similar issue with the signature/tracking feature.  It works great if I login to the cloud version.  I sent a test document for a signature and it worked properly.  The dialogue boxes on my desktop appears to be the only problem.

Nikki