• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to resize image pasted on layer Photoshop CC 2015

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CC 2015 and am reloading older versions of almost all the programs.  In Photoshop CS6 I could paste an image onto a layer then grab one of the corners to resize it.  In CC 2015 there is nothing to grab to resize the image.  Nothing!  How am I suppose to resize the image and play with it unless I can grab the corners and shrink and expand?  Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Edit > Transform > Scale.

Hold down the Shift key to maintain proportion

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Transform > Scale.

Hold down the Shift key to maintain proportion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  That works.  But I do not see the logic in it.  Now instead of pasting a picture then just grabbing a corner, I have to paste a picture, click on edit, click on scale, and THEN grab a corner.  Why add the extra steps?  What was wrong with it the way it was?  I am really tired of software companies changing things that aren't broken just for the sake of changing them.  There was no reason for this or for many of the things they have removed or buried deeper in the menus.  Sorry, I'll put the soap box away now.  Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are seeing may be the differences you have in to CS6 setup and your CC setup.  Select the move tool in CS6 and in CC and look at the tool options bar settings.  Do you have them set the same way in CS6 and in CC?????

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

**face palm** Well, now my rant just looks foolish.  It was the Show Transform Controls button.  Well, live and learn.  But my rant stands for Dreamweaver.  New version sucks...  Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines