• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is any different animate cc & edge animate?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

like my tittle what any differences about both? and how to export from animate to muse

regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Animate CC can export OEM files, that can be used in Muse. On https://www.twitch.tv/adobe they just showed the steps in doing that. The session was recorded, look for the one that featured Paul Trani, at 6pm this evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate CC can export OEM files, that can be used in Muse. On https://www.twitch.tv/adobe they just showed the steps in doing that. The session was recorded, look for the one that featured Paul Trani, at 6pm this evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi colin,

thanks for your suggest,

Hi all

yeah,

im new for flash or animate, but which i know edge animate its really2 easy to make web animation. and when i open animate its look different way with edge animate, also i must make a plan which better to learn edge animate deeper or learn animate CC, I affraid adobe will shutdown edge animate and move on to Animate CC

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did shut down edge animate (RIP) and is moving to Animate CC. Not sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bad link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably truncated URLs. Direct link to thread on Edge forum

Re: Can anyone confirm that Edge Animate is now discontinued?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it OAM files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but does Animate possess the functionality of Edge Animate? In Edge Animate I could add javascript to activate triggers such as mouse hover, click or double click as well as animate the stage based on mouse or tilt movements. Do these sorts of things exist in Animate CC?

Also can I edit code in Animate CC?

From what I've read so far it seem like it just the old Flash program with a few new bells and whistles that can export to html 5 and a few new formats as well as OEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Edge Animate I could add javascript to activate triggers such as mouse hover, click or double click

Look in your code snippets under Event Handlers.

Also can I edit code in Animate CC?

Yes on the timeline or in your exported file

For example on your timeline

//Mouse interactions 

canvas.addEventListener("mouseover", over.bind(this));

function over()

{   this.cta.gotoAndPlay("expand");

}

canvas.addEventListener("mouseout", out.bind(this));

function out()

{ this.cta.gotoAndPlay("contract");

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see these Edge/Animate/Flash confusion threads ending anytime soon. Adobe's community management really needs to post a page somewhere that clearly and succinctly explains this messaging mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should have called it Animator Plus

I still think this former Flash, now Animate forum should have a subforum for Canvas. People who post questions don't always specify, and it is easy to assume AS is what they are asking for. There will probably be new users that don't even know they need to specify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how to make a project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines