9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2016 4:18 AM by RossCronshaw

Problems with Elements 14 Rendering and framerates!

RossCronshaw Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having a problem when editing videos. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 14; I've noticed increasingly that when I add footage to the software it's absolutely fine, but as soon as it's finished Rendering the audio and video seem slightly out of sync - it's not noticeable to begin with, but becomes progressionally worse throughout the video.

It's not actually noticeable on the timeline; they still show as in-sync, but upon playback the action taking place on the screen occurs slightly after the sound is heard.

As I said, it gets worse as the video goes on. It's not noticeable at all between 10 - 15 minutes, perfectly ignorable at around the 20 minute mark, but as soon as the video hits 25-30minutes it gets seriously irritating, meaning I'm either restricted to keeping videos much shorter than I'd like or accepting the fact there's some audio/video lag.

I've been told this may be a problem with the FPS of the Rendering compared to the FPS of the video footage, however I have no idea how to work around that.

If anyone has any tips on how to combat this I'd be incredibly grateful!

Cheers in advance.