Here's the two screenshots I took; one is of the footage I was describing, the second one is after I put the footage through WonderShare and set the framerate to a constant 60fps.
The issue still persists, however, and I'm still getting the audio lag despite converting it in WonderShare.
Wondershare did not do it correctly: video is 27.5 audio is 27.6 seconds
Hi - sorry for the delay in replying to this one, I've had an incredibly hectic week!
I've tried using Handbrake with multiple settings. I've tried setting the framerate to constant, at both 60fps and at the same speed as the source, still nothing is working.
I'm getting really frustrated with this since I don't understand why it isn't working.
Just use Handbrake with default settings, only change the variable to constant.
Where do the original files come from
Are you using an external drive?
"Just use Handbrake with default settings, only change the variable to constant."
I have now reverted Handbrake to the default settings. The only thing I would want to change again is the fact that Handbrake defaults to 30fps and my recordings are done in 60fps; I'm assuming it's okay to change this as well?
Apart from this, I did notice a big dip in quality when viewing the converted video, so I messed around with the quality slider until I was happy. I'd ask if this has an impact on the video or not, but the default setting was incredibly pixellated and I want it to be as nice looking as possible.
"Where do the original files come from
Are you using an external drive?"
No, though I have two hard drives on my PC; an SSD and a standard large hard drive. Premiere Elements runs off the SSD and the files are recorded to/stored on the secondary drive.
I just tried a few new video clips, to see if any difference was made with a few software updates.
Strangely, one of the three worked just fine. The other two still had the same problem as before though.
If one works ok and the others dont. Might be corrupt files.
That would make sense, however they are very fresh recordings; I literally take them straight to Elements and start editing, and so I'm not sure where the corruption might occur.
if it helps, I'm screen-capturing footage from video games as I play them and edit them for upload to YouTube.