3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2006 2:26 AM by Newsgroup_User

Padding messing up tables

AudreyWalker1
      HI, I have a site that I'm working on, http://graphicvisionsinc.com/NLOW/secondary2.html , and i'm having difficulties laying out the bottom half of the site. when i add text and padding into the main body area cells, the yellow line divider slides out of position. when i take the padding off, everything works fine. but i need it there so that the site looks good. please help!!!!

---Audrey
        • 1. Re: Padding messing up tables
          Level 7
          You've used Layout Tables.... get out now while you can and before you get
          in any deeper and add content.
          In all seriousness, if you search the archieves you'll see many people
          getting into the sort of problems you are experiencing.
          If you recreate what you've done in Standard Mode you should be able to
          accomplish exactly what you require.
          You will save hours of this sort of frustration if you abandon Layout Mode
          now (I assure you I speak from experience) (o:
          Jo

"AudreyWalker1" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e2o1ig$m62$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > HI, I have a site that I'm working on,
          > http://graphicvisionsinc.com/NLOW/secondary2.html , and i'm having
          > difficulties
          > laying out the bottom half of the site. when i add text and padding into
          > the
          > main body area cells, the yellow line divider slides out of position. when
          > i
          > take the padding off, everything works fine. but i need it there so that
          > the
          > site looks good. please help!!!!
          >
          >
          > ---Audrey
          >

• 2. Re: Padding messing up tables
            AudreyWalker1 Level 1
            So I've heard. The problem is, I'm on a deadline with this site, and now I've got to learn something new! story of my life ;o) So I'm trying to re-do the site using divs now and have come into some problems maybe you can help me with?

http://graphicvisionsinc.com/NLOW/index3.html

Why do the bottom boxes (Success Stories, Start Networking) overlap the above sections? Why do they have negative height values? Why won't the right padding of the Blue Box text area show up? And how do you work divs so that they are contribute compatiable, and when you change the text size in your browser, the page messes up. Lots of questions I know. Any resources you could point me to on Divs would be great as well. Thanks!

Audrey
            • 3. Re: Padding messing up tables
              Level 7
              Sorry I didn't get back to you. I see you've got out of Layout Mode though -
              congratulations - it's looking much better.
              Jo

"AudreyWalker1" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:e2oljn$jc4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > So I've heard. The problem is, I'm on a deadline with this site, and now
              > I've
              > got to learn something new! story of my life ;o) So I'm trying to re-do
              > the
              > site using divs now and have come into some problems maybe you can help me
              > with?
              >
              > http://graphicvisionsinc.com/NLOW/index3.html
              >
              > Why do the bottom boxes (Success Stories, Start Networking) overlap the
              > above
              > sections? Why do they have negative height values? Why won't the right
              > padding
              > of the Blue Box text area show up? And how do you work divs so that they
              > are
              > contribute compatiable, and when you change the text size in your browser,
              > the
              > page messes up. Lots of questions I know. Any resources you could point me
              > to
              > on Divs would be great as well. Thanks!
              >
              > Audrey
              >