• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the Continue button on quiz results slide?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quiz Results is the last slide in my video, so Continue doesn't go anywhere and is confusing to the viewer. How do I remove it?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not have score slide as last slide. The Continue button is

important, triggers the actions for Pass/Failure defined in Quiz

Preferences. To be sure score is reported, have a last slide after Score

slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scores are showing up fine in the LMS and allowing the user to move to the next module if they pass, which is what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I insist, do not remove the Continue button, it is more than a normal button, has part of the functionality of the score slide. You can ignore that advice of course, but I have warned you.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took your advice and added a slide after so that the continue button goes somewhere. However, it is requiring two clicks to move to the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm whether just using a single click on the Continue button and just waiting for a number of seconds still causes the slide to continue, or does it just sit there forever if you don't click a second time?

Also, please test the same content OUTSIDE the LMS and see if the Continue button works with a single click then.  If so, I would say your double click issue is due to the way the LMS SCORM Player frameset is causing the issue.  The first click is to put the focus on the content, and the second click then activates the button (which would not normally be necessary outside the SCO API frameset).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show a screenshot of the timeline, and of the actions in Quiz, Preferences, Pass and Fail? If those actions are left to the default 'Continue' and you changed the slide duration of the score slide without moving the pausing point (which is at 1.5secs), you will have to wait until the Playhead reaches the end of the slide. You can change the actions to 'Go to Next Slide'.

You'll find some tweaking possibilities in those blog posts:

Question Question Slides in Captivate - Captivate blog

Question Question Slides - Part 2 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources