1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 3:22 PM by kglad

Problem: swf files imported to Library has countless symbols added to it. Type of Computer: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 / Importing artwork into Flash Pro cc, from Illustrator.  My Illustrator drawing has a large number of anchor point and multiple layers.

kevinp7031699 Level 1

Problem: swf files imported to Library has countless symbols added to it.

Type of Computer: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 / Importing artwork into Flash Pro cc, from Illustrator. 

My Illustrator drawing has a large number of anchor point and multiple layers. I select all the layers on my art board, then group them and save the file.

Next I choose file/export, and export it as an Flash (swf) file.  I then open Flash, do a File/Import/Import to Library. I drag the new swf file from Library to stage and convert it to a symbol. 

Now here is what I don’t understand, that same swf file that I converted into a symbol now has a large number of additional related symbols in the Library, and when I click on one of them it appears that each one represents one of many elements i created in the original Illustrator file.   Why, and how can I correct this?

Please help!