2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2016 1:44 PM by ssprengel

I can't import any pictures to Lightroom.

nancys89294638

I am having issues importing pictures to Lightroom.  I was using Lightroom 5 so went and bought lightroom 6 thinking this would solve the problem but it hasn't.  When I press import it says no smart previews were built.  What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: I can't import any pictures to Lightroom.
          robgendreau Level 3

You need to provide more info.

What do you mean by "press import"? that's a module, with lots of options.

And "it" saying no smart previews doesn't mean your images weren't imported. You have the option to create smart previews at import, or not. There's a checkbox for that in the import module called "Build smart previews."

• 2. Re: I can't import any pictures to Lightroom.
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Smart Previews aren't critical to an import functioning or not, so just because you get that message doesn't mean anything is wrong.

What sort of files are you trying to import, raw or jpg or something else?

Can we see a shot of the Import panel where it is you'd press the Import button from, if that's what you're talking about.  To include an image in a message, you need to be on the web version of the forums linked form each forum e-mail notification, and click the little camera icon along the top of the text box when you're replying: