3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2016 10:14 AM by JimHess

Printing from Canon Print Studio Pro, how to set image DPI?

matthewh72294761

Hi Guys,

When I select an image to print from lightroom with the plugin, it always opens with a default image DPI of 240.  Even when I change the external editing preferences to 300 dpi in the preferences menu, it still loads into the plugin at 240 DPI.

I've also tried changing the DPI in the print module before opening the plugin. Does anyone know how I can control the Image DPI using this plugin?

Thanks for you help!

-M

• 1. Re: Printing from Canon Print Studio Pro, how to set image DPI?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Canon Print Studio Pro is not affected by any of the settings in Lightroom. I'm trying to understand how you know that the image loads into Print Studio Pro editor resolution of 240 PPI. I don't see a resolution setting at all. My understanding is that Print Studio Pro will print at an appropriate resolution for the size of the print and the size of the file. I don't find the program has versatile as printing directly from Lightroom. I have only used it on a very few occasions and have found no real benefit to using it.

• 2. Re: Printing from Canon Print Studio Pro, how to set image DPI?
            matthewh72294761 Level 1

Below is a screen grab, You can see the DPI in the top left corner.  When I use this plugin from photoshop, I am able to control the DPI by setting it first in photoshop. Lightroom seems to do this auto somehow. I was wondering how people get fine control with this plugin from Lightroom?

I like this plugin because I don't have to deal with the canon print driver menu, which is pretty horrible. I like to have full control over all aspects of my color management and ICC profiles. I know this is possible printing directly from Lightroom (as I always have done in the past)  But I really like this plugin interface, and was hoping to fully utilize it!

Capture.JPG

• 3. Re: Printing from Canon Print Studio Pro, how to set image DPI?
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have a much different version of the program than I do. It doesn't look anything remotely similar to what I have. Maybe someone else can help you.