4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2016 4:41 PM by Christiansonntag

lens corrections to a group of imported images

Christiansonntag

I imported several hundred images taken with one camera/lens combination.  I imported them but did not have the lens correction (or remove chromatic aberration) enabled.  Is there a way to apply the lens correction to this entire group of images after importation?

• 1. Re: lens corrections to a group of imported images
          Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can always apply, remove, or adjust lens corrections in the Develop module, in the Lens Corrections panel on the right side.

If you need to select all of the images in the last import, in the Library module you can click Previous Import under Catalog on the left side. Or if you've already imported more images since then, in the Grid view of the Library module you can always use the Metadata criteria in the filter bar at the top to, for example, show only the images taken with a specific lens on a specific date.

• 2. Re: lens corrections to a group of imported images
            Christiansonntag Level 1

ok, so if I go to metadata, and click on that particular lens, then what?  it shows all images taken with that lens, but when I then go to develop module, it applies the lens corrections to only one image.  How do I apply the corrections to all those selected images at the same time?  Thanks for your help.

Chris

• 3. Re: lens corrections to a group of imported images
              Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There's more than one way to do this. When you switch to Develop, Lightroom should still be working with the images you found with the Library filter. First make sure the Filmstrip is displayed at the bottom so you can still see all the images for that lens. Now you can do one of the following:

• Apply the lens correction to one image. Choose Settings > Copy Settings and turn on whatever Lens Corrections you want to copy, then select all of the other images for that lens and choose Settings > Paste Settings.
              • Apply the lens correction to one image. Click the + button in the Presets panel, then create and name a new preset that includes the lens corrections you want. Select all the other images and apply that preset.
              • Select multiple images in the filmstrip, turn on Settings > Enable Auto Sync, and apply the lens correction. Then turn off Auto Sync unless you want future adjustments to affect all selected images.

Copy Settings, Paste Settings, and Auto Sync are also buttons in the Develop module.