7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 11:44 AM by ryant66122727

video

ryant66122727

Hello there.  I have been working again with the adobe premiere elements 13 basically mp4 videos...well it loads pretty well when I replay, however  when I do any cuts it then loads very slowly...this is for like a 20 second video. So the sound is ahead of the video.  Also when I try to render these clips it takes so long for just a few minutes...seems like it would be an hour.  I did Computer--->AVCHD--->mp4 HD 720p60  thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: video
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Without knowing anything about your computer system or operating system, I'd said it's probably a mismatch between your video specs and the project settings.

In most cases the program automatically sets up its project settings to match the video specs. In this case, video editing will go very smoothly.

In your case, it sounds like the program can either not identify your video specs or it doesn't have a setting to match it.

What model of camcorder if your video coming from and what resolution is it?

What your Project Settings, as listed under the Edit menu?

When you add a clip to your timeline, is there a yellow-orange line above it, along the top of the timeline? This is an indication that the program is not able to match your video specs, which could result in the program lugging you describe.

• 2. Re: video
            pgauba Adobe Employee

Hi,

If your file dimension and frame rate does not matches with exported preset(mp4 HD 720p60), then it will take long time to render.

It converts your file's dimension with the exported preset, because of that it will take more time to render.

Please check the file's dimension and frame rate and try to export with the same preset or share the details with us.

Thanks,

Pankaj Gauba

• 3. Re: video
              ryant66122727 Level 1

thanks

the dimensions for my video are 1280x720 -60frames per sec

I do not see this as an option when rendering... and also how can I get it to "play" at the true speed as well, even before rendering? I need the real speed in order to edit, but I am not sure how to get the settings adjusted to even edit first.

thanks for any help.

• 4. Re: video
                ryant66122727 Level 1

In addition: the settings that I sent are the ones that I have on the computer in my files, but the one in adobe is:1920x1080  29.97/sec

• 5. Re: video
                  ryant66122727 Level 1

thanks

the dimensions for my video are 1280x720 -60frames per sec, in adobe it is :1920x1080 29.97/sec

I got it to render faster but now I need the real speed in order to edit, but I am not sure how to get the settings adjusted to even edit first. It is still slow on the play back before rendering.

thanks for any help.

• 6. Re: video
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is your video in a 1920x1080 project (as listed under the Project Settings, under the Edit menu)? If so your Freeze Frame will be the project dimensions.

The program will run better if your project settings match your video specs. Although it sounds like you're using several video resolutions in the same project, so that won't be possible.

But you can speed up the program's performance by Rendering the timeline (press Enter) whenever you see a yellow-orange line above your clips, along the top of the timeline.

• 7. Re: video
                      ryant66122727 Level 1

thanks a lot...the "Enter" option was a great help, wish I knew that before!

My question in addition with the presets is:is there a way I could specify what the size will be "before" rendering? I mean my cam corder has a setting and then when I bring it into adobe I can press "enter" and then render the frame...but is there a way to have the setting first, before rendering "in that pressing enter gives the default",...can I specify what it would default to...  The reason is that these videos are for a platform that specifies the dimensions for the videos I upload.

If I render to that specification it is slow,..so now if I press "enter" it renders the frame and then finishes well, but it's not the dimension I want...is there a way to get that dimension without slowing it down?