4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 12:50 PM by dj_paige

Going from LR4 to CC

stephenm65747923

Hello,

I have Lightroom 4 on my MacBook Pro that I purchased about 3 years ago.

I am about to start using a (2009) desktop Mac and install LR & PS with creative cloud. Will I be able to import all my images and collections and catalogs from LR4 to the CC account? I know I can just import the images but I don't want to loose all my editing.

Thank you,

Regards Steve.

• 1. Re: Going from LR4 to CC
          Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

It is ideal to take a backup of Catalog before proceeding with any sort of changes .

You may check with below link once regarding upgrading Catalog to from older version to Higher version.

Photoshop Lightroom catalog FAQ

• 2. Re: Going from LR4 to CC
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After you install Lightroom from the creative cloud and start the program, the first thing it will do is find the catalog you have been using and prompt you to update the catalog. This will create a new copy of your catalog, and will include all of the images that you have imported now as well as all the work you have done on them. So that won't be necessary for you to import anything because it will already be done. Then you can start using Lightroom CC and all of its new features and benefits.

• 3. Re: Going from LR4 to CC
              stephenm65747923 Level 1

thank you both for that, I have LR4 installed on the mac book but everything to it is stored on a external hard drive. Can I simply let cc find my stuff the just carry on using it from the hard drive on my second compute?

• 4. Re: Going from LR4 to CC
                dj_paige Level 9

If Lightroom CC can find your catalog file, it will ask you if you want to upgrade the catalog, you should select YES or OK or whatever the positive response is. If it can't find the catalog file to upgrae, you can force this to happen by File->Open Catalog and point to your Lightroom 4 catalog file.

After that finishes, you may or may not have to reconnect your photos.