3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 8:38 PM by Digatal Caveman

Lightrom stuck trying to save metadata

Digatal Caveman Level 1

I have number of JPG files in my lightroom data base (1500) which indicate that the metadata are not up to date because they have been changed externally (I did using picasa).  When trying to sync those files LR6 tries starts the task of writing to these files but then hangs with out further progress. Trying to import the metadata doesn't work either, it also hangs

The pictures look fine in other applications and I don't see anything wrong with them.

Any

Thanks

Axel

• 1. Re: Lightrom stuck trying to save metadata
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It could be a metadata conflict that can't be resolved, depending on how you are using Picasa. For some files and certainly for all raw files the information is stored in the Picasa.ini file contained in each folder.

• 2. Re: Lightrom stuck trying to save metadata
            Digatal Caveman Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I finally figured out what was giving me all these problems (saving metadata stuck, face detection hung, LR hung). I had about 50 JPG files that seemed to have corrupted metadata. LR wouldn't load them at all (even though they had been in the LR data base).  Windows Photoviewer and other applications handled the files just fine and there was really no indication of what was wrong  except that they wouldn't show previews, wouldn't re-import. I finally loaded them up in PicMeta Information Extractor (excellent tool) and did a Metadata repair. After that LR loaded them fine. LR should really provide a better indication of what the problem is and how to fix it. It simply hung on those images rather than giving workable error messages.

Axel

• 3. Re: Lightrom stuck trying to save metadata
              Digatal Caveman Level 1

In addition to that, Lightroom will hang on saving Metadata for selections/folders that have video files in them!!! BUG

1 person found this helpful