5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 10:31 PM by I.Epicness

Twitch responds lately

I.Epicness

Hey guys!

I am a relatively new to Adobe Aftereffects..I decided to try it out for creating those (trap nation like) audio spectrums... I added twitch and particular to it... Just to give it a more realistic effect.

After I rendered it, I found that twitch responds lately to the music...It doesn't shake when the bass hits, but responds after a few seconds. Here is the link to my template and its files:ask

So, please help me to make it act fast or edit the template and upload it to me, please.

Link to the rendered video(after compression, but nothing wrong with compression):- Comp 1_3.mpg - Google Drive

Another link to the video when deep bass hits:- Comp 1_8.mpg - Google Drive

Please help me!!( and the song is Sak Noel's "I am the law". I dont own the song ... he is the owner..)

• 1. Re: Twitch responds lately
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Seeing your video or listening to the song won't help anyone figure out what is going on in the composition. To diagnose a problem with your project you should first select all of the layers that are giving you problems in the Timeline panel. Then you press the U key twice to reveal all of the modified properties. If you are trying to sync things to the audio then you need to also reveal the audio waveform on the audio layer so select that layer and hold down the shift key and press the letter L twice. You should see something like this:

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 6.32.18 AM.png

I'm using Sound Keys to move the Emitter light and tying that to the emitter in Particular. I already know that Particular is working so I don't need to see the properties modified properties for that layer. I've adjusted the opacity of the Sound keys so I can see the waveform as it reacts to the audio layer. In this comp everything is lined up perfectly. I can see the motion corresponds exactly to the audio track. I'll turn off visibility for sound keys for the render. Notice that I've also selected the audio file in the Composition Panel so I can see it's properties.

If you look at your comp and everything lines up correctly then the problem is probably in the way you have set up the render or you have a cache problem. To verify that the render matches the composition you can render a test and then import the render and add it to the top layer of your composition, Set the blend mode of the Render Test to Difference and compare the waveforms. Difference will show you the visual difference between the Comp and the Render. In this case the compression I used makes does not perfectly render the soft edges of the particles but I can see that the timing is right on. Using particle systems, motion blur and other soft effects it's nearly impossible to get a prefect match between the Comp and the Render when using compression so the difference blend mode will not give you a perfect black screen. This is also a good way to check color management between your comp and your renders. Any pixels that do not perfectly match will show up. Perfectly matched pixels will be black.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 7.16.33 AM.png

Another way to check timing against the audio file is to add markers in the timeline (shift + 8 with no layers selected) in sync with the beats in your audio and take a look at the graph editor.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 6.45.59 AM.png

If you can't figure things out then take some screenshots and drag them into the reply field on this forum and maybe we can help.

Here's one other thing to consider. The brain processes visual information at a different speed than it processes audio information. You may need to lead the audio two or three frames for your brain to perceive that the movement is in perfect sync with the audio. It all depends on the movement in the frame and where your eyes are focused in the frame. You can go crazy trying to check sync with AE's ram preview or even in Premiere Pro. You make your best guess, check full sized previews and then you render a full size test using a good deliverable format like one of the AME's h.264 presets and view the video full size on the output device you intend to use with no other visual distractions around. That's the only way to know you have things exactly the way you want them. If you show the scene to someone else they may think that some of the movement is slightly out of sync. Fortunately most folks process audio and video at approximately the same rate so the chances are that if it looks good to you when you playback full size with no distractions it will look good to most folks.

• 2. Re: Twitch responds lately
            I.Epicness Level 1

Untitled.png

As you can see in the parenting thingy for the twitch( I don't remember the name, but I guess its parenting), I have set it for output 2 times something. But in the screenshot, you can also see that output 3 is ZERO. So, why is it reacting when the output is zero ?

I checked everything, with the audio waveform. It just seems out of time. It is reacting when it is NOT supposed to and this happens in both RAM preview and the actual render.. Could you please provide further info ?

(Also thanks for the early reply, I really appreciate it <3)

• 3. Re: Twitch responds lately
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to read up on how to use sound keys. Notice in my screenshot that I have the range set and the minimum and maximum values established.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.50.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.50.55 AM.png

In your screenshot the floor is above any of the audio values and the ceiling is almost to the top. You are not sampling any of the audio in the screenshot so the value at the current CTI is going to be zero.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.56.21 AM.png

I also do not know if you have applied the commands in Sound Keys to generate keyframes for the output.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.54.18 AM.png

Gives you this:

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 8.53.02 AM.png

Adjust the range so that the frequencies you want fall within the range box then use Sound Keys>Commands>Apply to generate keyframes. Unless you want to do different things with different frequencies you only need one range.

• 4. Re: Twitch responds lately
                I.Epicness Level 1

Okay, so I have to set the output 2 box to the ground and the top one to how much I want. Could you please help to set it to bass? Tell me, what color of the sound keys do I have to apply so I could get only bass( sorry, I am new to all this.. I need help)

Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Twitch responds lately
                  I.Epicness Level 1

Never mind that, sir. I got it! It responds absolutely perfect as of now! Thank you for your help. If there is further problem, I will contact you. Thanks again, good day.