3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2016 9:32 AM by Szalam

(Vague Question I Know) But could someone list the effects used in this clip?

Insense

Dragon Warhammer vs. AGS - Chris Archie's Pure Pk Commentary (Old School Runescape) - YouTube

Essentially i want to understand how he did this, it seriously confuses me so much. I swear i've looked through all affects in AF an cannot find it.

Maybe it's a stopwatch somewhere that i don't understand. Please help me :/

• 1. Re: (Vague Question I Know) But could someone list the effects used in this clip?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you mean this:

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 9.55.58 AM.png

All the junk in the opening title then there is not one single Effect. You can start with the Bad TV animation preset then add Mosaic, maybe Lens Flair, maybe Card Wipe or Card Dance. You won't be doing this with one layer and one Effect. I even see some channel effects and time effects as well as some text animators.

When you try and analyze an effect start by taking a look at some still frames and try and isolate every element in the shot. In this still frame I see a character animator bringing in the text in a jumbled path, I see some random lines and blocks of color that could be created in a number of ways including Card Dance. Card Dance is controlled by a gradient layer so you if you want to try that out you'll have to figure out how to make the gradient. I see lens flair or a blurred and screened solid in the left side of the screen. I haven't got the time to go through the entire open but that's how you would do it. Then experiment with each individual effect you see until you get something close.

If you want a reference for the effect there are many places on the web that have tools to download a YouTube video so you can bring that into Ae and step through the frames you want to copy one at a time.

• 2. Re: (Vague Question I Know) But could someone list the effects used in this clip?
            Insense Level 1

Thanks for the fast reply, but what I'm not trying to recreate that exactly, what i want is the way he distorts the "TEXT" and blurs it, only for a second.

Again, thanks for the reply though

• 3. Re: (Vague Question I Know) But could someone list the effects used in this clip?
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Insense wrote:

What i want is the way he distorts the "TEXT" and blurs it, only for a second.

Twitch from Video Copilot might do what you're looking for.