4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 1:38 PM by ronl62749074

PowerPoint and Lightroom

ronl62749074

How do I import a slideshow in Lightroom into a PowerPoint presentation??  I would be grateful for any suggestions! 

Tks very much,

R.

• 1. Re: PowerPoint and Lightroom
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

A slide show from Lightroom is a movie file (*.mp4).

Does powerpoint support movie files?

• 2. Re: PowerPoint and Lightroom
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

You don't need LR to create a PP Presentation that contains images. If you want to use LR to select the images you want in the PP Presentation you can do that and then export them to a folder you create. You should probably uncheck the option to included the export in your catalog.

Then it's all up to PP.

• 3. Re: PowerPoint and Lightroom
              ronl62749074 Level 1

Yes, it does if I turn the SS into a movie which I have done.  I can even import the mp4 file into PP; however, it shows up as a movie on a slide in review mode.  One can even play it when it is in this mode (shows up as a large “?” mark and underneath there is a play button and it will play.  As soon as you go to full screen, however, only the ? mark remains and there seems to be no option to play it.

Really, really frustrating because I know that I am close but….not close enough!

Tks for your interest - any other ideas?

R.

• 4. Re: PowerPoint and Lightroom
                ronl62749074 Level 1

I have put the mp4 movie (slideshow with audio) onto my desktop.  When I try to move it to my PP presentation, PP is greyed out so will not allow me to do that (?).

I can go to PP and ask it to insert; it will take the file with the SS, it inserts it right on top of a slide in PP with a large ? on top.  I can move it to a blank slide and it will play in preview mode but will not play when I try to do a full screen presentation.

Very very frustrating.  I know it is close to working but….not close enough!

Tks of your input - much appreciated.  Any other suggestions??

R.