4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 11:44 AM by toymaker1

What is the icon for a graphic symbol?

toymaker1 Level 1

Hello.

as a beginner in animation, and in using Animate CC, I am finding many things confusing, so I decided to go carefully and slowly through the Adobe help documentation in order to fully understand things.

An example of what I find confusing is that the icon for a graphic symbol as illustrated on page 373 of the Adobe Animate Help PDF is different to the icon which is displayed in the Animate library panel.

graphic symbol icon 1.pnggraphic symbol icon 2.png

For example. I have attached a screenshot of the graphic symbol icon as illustrated on page 373 of the Adobe Animate PDF User Guide, and I have attached a screenshot of the library panel, showing a graphic symbol icon named 'Symbol 1',  after the imported PSD bitmap image has been converted to a graphic symbol.

You can see that the graphic symbol icon in the library panel is different to the graphic symbol icon on pge 373 of  the Adobe Animate PDF. - each icon consists of a triangle, a circle and a square, but in the PDF version the three shapes are arranged differently to the icon displayed in the library panel. i.e. they are not the same icon.

Could someone explain why the icons are different?

Thanks.