1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2016 10:55 AM by ssprengel

THE SITE IS SAYING MY REDEMPTION CODE IS INVALID

autryh18041226

I purchased my adobe photoshop lightroom 6 at best buy yesterday, and when i try to redeem my serial number its saying the redemption  code is invalid. How do i Fix this?

• 1. Re: THE SITE IS SAYING MY REDEMPTION CODE IS INVALID
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you buy an Adobe product at Best Buy, the store needs to scan the redemption code and transmit it to Adobe before that redemption code is associated with a purchase and allowed to be redeemed.  This double authentication prevents boxes from being stolen and resold w/o Adobe authorization.

So, either you’re typing the redemption code wrong (it’s a set of 24 letters and numbers where B and 8 or 0 and O look similar), or your purchase information wasn’t transmitted to Adobe.  If you weren’t watching to see if they scanned the code as a separate step from the purchase, itself, then you don’t know if they forgot to do it or if the information is somehow held up and not transmitted to Adobe due to some communication failure, somewhere. 

If you’re sure you’re typing in the right code, then try going back to Best Buy and see if they can scan in the code for you.