1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 20, 2016 11:23 AM by MobileDeveloperCK

why can't i use apple pencil to highlight in acrobat reader?

laurar2985705

I'm using an iPad, and I really need to be able to highlight the document I'm reading. There are tools available in the app for highlighting, but when I try to do it with my finger or apple pencil, nothing happens. I am able to underline, but it's so thick that it blocks out the text. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: why can't i use apple pencil to highlight in acrobat reader?
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi,

The latest version (16.02.23) of Acrobat Reader for iOS includes improved support for Apple Pencil.  Would you please make sure that you have the latest version of Acrobat Reader on your iPad Pro?

An Apple Pencil should work similarly to your finger when you try to highlight text in Acrobat Reader for iOS.

The thickness (actually, height) of highlight is determined by the height of the text that you are highlighting.

If it makes highlighted text illegible, would you tap the existing highlight and change the color or opacity of the highlight to see if it helps?

If it doesn't, please attach a screenshot of highlighted text in your next forum post so that we would have better understanding of the problem that you are facing.

How to add a screenshot to a forum message from iPad/iPhone

Thank you.