6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 12:30 PM by stéflon

Unable to register Photoshop CS6 serial number to my Adobe ID

dmmartindale

I have a copy of Photoshop CS6 Extended, which I installed on one desktop and one laptop machine about 3 years ago.  I am in the process of replacing the old laptop with a new one.  I deactivated and removed Photoshop from the old laptop and successfully installed it on the new one.  It is authorized and running now.

However, I do not seem to be able to register it to my Adobe ID.  This copy of Photoshop was purchased in boxed form, with DVD distribution media, not via download from Adobe so I have no purchase or download history associated with my Adobe ID.  The "Registered Products" section of the web site says "You have no registered products".  But when I attempt to use "Register an older product", it rejects my serial number as invalid (with or without dashes).  I get the message "Please enter a valid serial number".

Now, I just used this serial number to install Photoshop on the new machine.  It should be valid; the installer must have checked it before doing the install.  The installer asked me to log in to my Adobe ID, and the newly-installed Photoshop was already activated the first time I ran it, so the installer must have also activated it using my Adobe ID.  Shouldn't activation have the side effect of registering the serial number to my Adobe ID?  For that matter, shouldn't it have registered the purchase 3 years ago when I first installed it on the original two machines?

In any case, it seems that I cannot register this serial number manually, nor does it get registered automatically during installation and authorization.  So how *can* I register the SN to my Adobe ID?

- Dave